My first attempt at real fire

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well like the title says, this is my first attempt at real fire. Wasted a bunch of paint on my lexan sheet before even attempting it on a body. I learned a lot doing this lid, and know what I need to do different next time. Well here it is...

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

I used Spaz Stix hard metals, and pactra acryl opaques, as well as several home made templates. I'm sure the next one will be even better, but I am pretty happy for my first attempt at it :breakdown .

WOW!!! That is freaking awesome!!! You did an awesome job man!!!

wow that is sweet man look real to me

Looks hot!!!!! Nice job!

Dude that is awsome, how long did it take you to paint that body... not includeing the time it took you to learn.

HOT DAM!!!!! Joe that is fucken killer..
I so want you to do my prospec lid...We can work out a deal..I know we can..

Damn!!!

That is killer! I don't see me entering another painting contest.
Not unless they open up one for the pre-school class. :)

Hell of a job.

Looks like crap!
Try again :D:D

Looks great. I have a hard time with one color much-less trying to do anything close to this. I'm jealous.

FastEddy said:
Looks like crap!
Try again :D:D

Looks great. I have a hard time with one color much-less trying to do anything close to this. I'm jealous.

I will have a NCNITRO Real flame mugen lid soon!

Pull out the towels boys so you can drool some more...
JOE that body is off the hook bro!

Damn! Thats shits awesome!! Ya gotta give me some pointers on how ya did that! Looks awesome as hell! Nice work!

Great looking body, and you say the next one will look even better? You got skillz!

That looks great for your first bro... who you kiddin...
Great job man...

Thanks for the compliments guys. I still need to work on adding some more freehand to blend the orange and yellow together a little better, and I am already making new templates that should help out quite a bit. My biggest issue was I needed a third arm, or something to hold the body in postion. It was a real pia to try and hold the lid, the template, and the brush all at the same tiome.

dougc said:
Dude that is awsome, how long did it take you to paint that body... not includeing the time it took you to learn.

This body took quite a bit of time. I first had all the chrome, wheel rock quards, etc. to do first. But as far as the actual fire, I guess about 5-6 hours, but a good portion of that was waiting for layers to dry.

4u2nv said:
Damn! Thats shits awesome!! Ya gotta give me some pointers on how ya did that! Looks awesome as hell! Nice work!

Any time man, you have my number, give me a buzz.

ZANDOR said:
I will have a NCNITRO Real flame mugen lid soon!

You know it man!

Again thanks for all the compliments guys, I really enjoyed doing this one.

Man I've never liked flames because to me I think it's over done, everyone has flames, also the flames look fake or one dimensional.

This on the other hand looks awesome, I'd love to have a body painted like this!

-Michael

ps. You should do a tutorial on how to do this, I'd gladly post this on the front page!

That's awesome Joe! Now I've got the jones to try it. That just flows so awesome. Freaking killer!

Yeah, what can I say that hasn't already been said. Very sweet. Pretty realistic but still has some old school look to it at the same time. Nice.

Back