My DuraTrax Vendetta SC 1/16

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShredSled

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is my newly acquired DuraTrax Vendetta SC 1/16 scale short course truck.

It's my first "Detta", and is turning out to be a very solid little platform! Glad I decided to pick one up! Just happened to find this for half price used, so I jumped on it the opportunity!

Regardless of scale, I honestly think this is one of the better looking "SC trucks" out there right now! Looks very cook, wheels and tires look great with the killer body! I've got another clear body on the way right now too...

Has a pretty basic set-up right now, but the stock VR3 motor is surprisingly quick so far!! On 7-cell it rips! Highly doubting the stock crap "ST" ESC in this thing will last much longer... in the near future I think I'll dig my Novak Mongoose out of my KMIST and slap it in this with some lipos. But, we'll see what happens. Might even try to pick up a Tekin B1r for cheap and run it with lvc and lipo and the hot turning VR3.

Also something I found surprising is that the composite shocks on here are, dare I say, just as smooth if not smoother than those on my SC10! Definitly did not expect that from these rather cheapie d-trax dampers!

And, another plus for me is that this takes a full-size servo, and although the stocker isn't too bad (doesn't need much power for this small platform), I might put a spare hi-tec on there just to see.

Going to slap on some stiffer springs in the front too, to go along with the sway bar kit... And it's got steel CVD's in the back, so I'll see how the front plastic ones last, then might swap them over as well.

Anyway, here's a few quick photos of it:

img0418f.jpg

img0420c.jpg

img0421f.jpg

img0424ow.jpg

I'll post up more as I run it and dial it in. Will probably spend most time running it in a local indoor carpet stadium track, but might bust it out a few times at the indoor clay tracks, while I let the 1/10ths rest, as well as outdoor tracks and regular yard bashing when the summer comes!

It looks cool next to your other one. I look forward to some action shots.

Very nice! Good find

Back