My Arrma Senton needs upgraded

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akronjonesn

RC Newbie
Reaction score
It has a brushed 550 motor, 8.4v 2400mAh NimH battery and not quite sure what the other parts are. I'm Just starting a new hobby.
20201130_003805.jpg

what is it that fails you need to upgrade to and why?

whats your dollar range?it has a brushed motor 12t can't really find any specs on motor but it has a 1/8" shaft . its a 7 cell nimh..a new brushless esc combo with a 2 cell lipo(gonna need a new charger and pinion).going faster will cost you... parts breaking

Just want it to go much faster.
What do you consider "much faster"? You could go with a brushless combo/LIPO battery set up, but, if you dont have the batteries and charger already, it might be cheaper just to buy a 3S/BLX truck. By the time you get a decent brushless combo (i recommend a HobbyWing ESC, 60A minimum, and GoolRC 3650 or 3660 3300KV or 3500KV), LIPO, LIPO bag, charger, 13T HD inputs, and whatever other upgrades it may need, you could easily be beyond the price of a BLX truck. I do recommend a better charger, no matter what batteries you use though.

If your on a budget I’d suggest surpass 4200kv 3660 Motor it’s a flying machine. And only about £20. And look on eBay for a ??Genuine hobbywing SC8 Esc that Hobbywing don’t make anymore?. I have x3 there perfectly ok. You can go BL for about £60. Or if you want to do it Properly Buy a Hobbywing Max10 Combo
With a 3200kv motor 3660 sized motor. Cost about £100+ .
You’ll want to change your Slipper assembly for the BLX shaft and 0.8 mod pitch spur gear.
mat very least. ARRMA BLX 3S SENTON TYPHON GRANITE BIG ROCK SLIPPER CLUTCH 57 SPUR GEAR AR102668. And a 20T pinion

Arrma Pinion Gear 20T 0.8 Mod 4x4 BLX 3S Z-AR310876.​

If you want go the whole hog you’ll need to change your Diff cases , the planetary gears are interchangeable .​

Arrma Diff Case Set 37T Main Gear 4x4 BLX 4S Z-AR310872.​

My experience of such?? I have completed 3 Mega Conversions , Typhon , Senton, Granite.
hope it helps .