my 4wd rc car is making a grinding noise

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmadman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
one day I took out my rc car to drive it around a bit but it started to make this grinding noise. So I took it indoors to have a look. I first checked the front diff but I could not find an issue on first looks. then i checked the pinion and spur gears because i thought they might have striped. But they were perfectly fine. Then i checked the rear diff but there does not seem to be anything wrong with it ether.
So now I don't know what to do so if you can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks 🙂

one day I took out my rc car to drive it around a bit but it started to make this grinding noise. So I took it indoors to have a look. I first checked the front diff but I could not find an issue on first looks. then i checked the pinion and spur gears because i thought they might have striped. But they were perfectly fine. Then i checked the rear diff but there does not seem to be anything wrong with it ether.
So now I don't know what to do so if you can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks 🙂
A video of it in action making the noise would help.

Thanks 🙂
It's possible a little Rock got between your pinion and spur gears. And when you took it apart to look it came out?

Otherwise like @Greywolf74 said a video would help.

It's possible a little Rock got between your pinion and spur gears. And when you took it apart to look it came out?

Otherwise like @Greywolf74 said a video would help.
Very possible, it happened to me just a few days ago.

Back