My 1st "Real fire" attempt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I dont think it turned out to bad. Theres a couple mistakes but ah well.I only had some crappy cretix white paint, and since I was to anxious to wait, I used it. That gave me some problems.. I think I should have a better handle on the next one. Anyway, here it is..

104_1113.jpg

104_1114.jpg

104_1115.jpg

104_1116.jpg

Sweet.....with practice comes perfection....young padawan.....;)

looks pretty good need to be a bit more random with the flame licks but for a first try it's dam good.

I did to many licks I think. I thought more would be better, but I think if I would have done less, it would have looked better.

That looks cool and different! Maybe try and make the ends of the flames more scattered and not perfectly symmetrical all the way around. Other than that the flames look really nice!

Did you need to buy a whole special flame set? or did you just use paint that you had already? I gotta get myself to try this.

Looks good to me, nice work bro. I like that you didn't outline the windows, it seems to be a popular thing but I think it looks like poop 99% of the time.

Last edited:
I think it looks freakin sweet my friend. It is better than I think I could have done. How long does it take to paint a lid like that?

Tom

It actually doesn't take very long at all. Granted I didnt get to detailed with anything else, it only took a couple hours. (With the dry times). Was fun painting.

Thanks man, I don't have an airbrush, so I don't see myself being able to try it anytime soon, but you never know.... LOL

Sweet lid my friend.

Tom

Back