my 1/18 project #1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
this will be the first of 2 1/18 scale projects, the first, i posted twice with no response on the Trinity Itsy Bitsy Spyder so i decided to show everyone what it was and how I'm going to build it =]

i got the car battery and only the front differential yesterday the other parts should be here soon

the car
mini1.jpg

mini5.jpg

the parts so far
mini3.jpg

sorry its a crappy pic. its a 1200 Mah Ni-MH 6 cell

new front diff
mini2.jpg

the rear diff is on back order but the guy i got the car from said he had a mamba brushless with 2 lipos and stripped the front and rear diff

total money spent = $30

thats going to be a nice little house runner

yeah sorry my camera is so crappy. those pics really came out bad I'm going to see if i can do them again and get a better result

Looks like fun, I have two 1/18th scale Mini-T and I absolutely love them. They are so easy to pick up, run, and be done. My T-Maxx I have to plan way ahead to play with because it requires me to carry so much stuff, ensure rx and quick start packs are charged, fuel is ready, tune in check, etc...

I'm trying to get my hands on a Brushless setup, I have a nice brushed setup but I already want more. Just be aware that one curb = lots of rebuilding on these...I smacked a curb at about 25-30mph and it broke the entire chassis and bulkhead and bent the two front turnbuckles bad. The front turnbuckles were the only ones not titanium and were replaced...total cost for Ti Turns, chassis, and bulkhead was like $30.00, and that includes the extra parts I bought like a screw kit, steering kit, etc...

Last edited:
ok finally my 1/18 project is done. ill have the pics up probably tomorrow. but i got myself a losi motor with a dynamite 15T ESC (cheapo stuff) and i got a futaba Tx/Rx and it works great. i just need a different battery thats smaller so i can use it with the body on lol but its all working and runs like a dream!

finished up my 1/18 project which is now being sold to try and support me mini T project now. its pretty fast to with a losi mini frenzy motor and dynamite ESC and finished it all up with a futaba 2ph Tx/Rx it looks and runs like a dream.
also put some new tires and rims from a RC18 T
mini1-1.jpg

mini2-1.jpg

mini3-1.jpg

i wish i knew how to make videos i would like you guys to see how it runs!

Back