Mutant Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc0490

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
On my truck i have stock front and rear t-maxx diffs and a gs storm center diff.The problem i am having is when i open the truck up it holds the right front tire in the air.The tire is spinning really fast and gets to be about a inch thick.At this point i can barely keep the thing strait.I tried putting 10000 in the center diff but didnt help.

when and if you hold your truck off the floor and put throttle on does that tire spin more than others. your front tires should be staying on the deck unless your pullin wheelies

you might wanna try and lock your diff

Center diff i assume.Would that be to hard on everything else.Any other ideas out there.

there is no center diff thats the transmission it would be good to lock the rear or even bpth

I think he is saying he replace the transmission with a center diff from a GS storm

I dont know if we are on the same page.Look at my gallery it is the car with no roll cage-Marc

Nice Mutant Maxx.

BTW, for those that do not know, the Mutant Maxx is modeled after a buggy and thus runs with a front, center and rear differential.

As for your issue with it raising one wheel up, I would check to make certain that your chassis is not flexing under the torque from your engine. That would allow for the right front tire to come up. If it is not that, try and stiffen the left rear suspension a bit. Odds are, your truck is squatting to the opposite side under acceleration and allowing the right front wheel to come up. As for the ballooning tire, if your tire is properly glued to the rim, you should be fine. It is natural for the tire to balloon under rotation where they are airborne. If the tire is not glued properly, the ballooning will eventually remove the tire from the rim.

I agree with SkyMax. You need to stiffen the rear for starters. I would also suggest an aluminum belly pan to stiffen it up. As far as ballooning, check out the tires on a dragster doing a bleach burn out. They balloon to a point that raises the rear of the car almost a foot higher. If you've ever seen Quarter midgets come out of a turn, the torque, on full accelleration will raise the right front off the ground.

I lost plenty of tires on this thing so there is plenty of glue on them and hasnt happened since.I didnt thimk about chassis flex i will look into that one.

Originally posted by marc0490
On my truck i have stock front and rear t-maxx diffs and a gs storm center diff.The problem i am having is when i open the truck up it holds the right front tire in the air.The tire is spinning really fast and gets to be about a inch thick.At this point i can barely keep the thing strait.I tried putting 10000 in the center diff but didnt help.

i dont know about that problem, but did you ever see the Mutent maxx in Radio Controlled Car Action a little while ago? In the photo shoot that same thing happened to theres. Dont worry, It is probably a weak spring that needs to be harder. Good Luck man

I also own a mutant maxx. I'm having a similar problem with another vehicle my SUT. You are right about getting squirrely when you do not have all four tires on the ground at wot. Now with that said the SUT's suspension is a little to soft for my liking so that will be changing shortly. Looking at you maxx in your gallery it appears that you run one shock at each corner and are the red springs the stock t maxx? Do you have any stiffer springs laying around? You may want to give that a try first if you do.

Those are Integy shocks with 2 shocks at each corner.I ruined my clutch bell so hopefully this week i can get over to hobbyshop and put some of these ideas to work.

Back