Mugen Brushless conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Wuz up guys, I have a mugen mbx5 roller just laying around that I was gonna put an engine in just for fun. Now I want to try converted it to brushless but I can't seem to find a conversion kit for that model ( too old I guess??). Does anyone know if someone makes a conversion kit for it, or if I can get the components piece by piece somewhere. I wanna try to put a mamba monster system in it. Thanks

I saw that one, but I think it is for a truggy conversion. Tekno does make one heck of a conversion kit though, I have one on an ofna truggy and it is a BEAST! Thanks anyway.
You might want to send them an email and ask them if it will work. If I'm not mistaken the chasis are generally identical between buggies and truggies it just most of the stuff the attaches to the chassis that is different. IDK...worth asking :)[DOUBLEPOST=1409412350][/DOUBLEPOST]Here a YT vid of a guy that used a MBX6 conversion kit on a MBX5. He said he had to mod it to make it work...I didnt really watch it but maybe worth a look?
[DOUBLEPOST=1409412593][/DOUBLEPOST]i also found this kit although I've never heard of this company but if they take paypal I might be willing to try it out.
http://rcproductdesigns.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_75

Last edited:
You might want to send them an email and ask them if it will work. If I'm not mistaken the chasis are generally identical between buggies and truggies it just most of the stuff the attaches to the chassis that is different. IDK...worth asking :)[DOUBLEPOST=1409412350][/DOUBLEPOST]Here a YT vid of a guy that used a MBX6 conversion kit on a MBX5. He said he had to mod it to make it work...I didnt really watch it but maybe worth a look?
[DOUBLEPOST=1409412593][/DOUBLEPOST]i also found this kit although I've never heard of this company but if they take paypal I might be willing to try it out.
http://rcproductdesigns.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_75
Thanks Bro, I actually ordered a kit from that company last week. The price was a little high but oh well. Hopefully everything lines up!

Back