Mta 4s28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have an Thunder tiger mta4 S28 what nitro engine can I drop into her without mods my engine went can't find a original engine. Thankx for the help all the way from Namibia ,Africa

with the S28 model, you can drop in about any nitro engine from .21 up to .32. Force .28 is a decent engine, SH28p6, SH28P8, SH28P3, Dynamite .21, Dynamite .26, Dynamite .28, Dynamite Big red .28, are a few examples of some budget minded engines.
make sure that when you are buying an engine you get a pull or rotostart, you can not use a bump start type engine with the MTA-4s chassis.

with the S28 model, you can drop in about any nitro engine from .21 up to .32. Force .28 is a decent engine, SH28p6, SH28P8, SH28P3, Dynamite .21, Dynamite .26, Dynamite .28, Dynamite Big red .28, are a few examples of some budget minded engines.
make sure that when you are buying an engine you get a pull or rotostart, you can not use a bump start type engine with the MTA-4s chassis.
Thanks Any hinds on spur and pinion gear.

Thanks Any hinds on spur and pinion gear.
as far as size?
pinion/clutchbell:
stock 15T is pretty decent, if you do get a .28 engine though, 16T will get you some more speed with minimal lack of torque.
if you have aftermarket tires that are lighter or smaller, up to 17T.
18T-19T seem to be too much unless you get like an LRP 32 or Force .32. (i wouldnt recommend engines of that size except maybe the LRP, when they start getting that big, they start lacking on the top end).

spur gear: stock i think is 49T, on both of mine though i got the 52T robinson racing steel gear, but not available anymore. i would start with stock, and maybe a 50T if you can.

AE Monster GT and the Thunder Tiger MTA-4 are both the same trucks (both are made by Thunder Tiger, but AE is sold on U.S. primarily>TT everywhere else.), the MTA-4 S50 and MGT 8.0 do have different clutch, clutchbell and spur gear setups. if this is the route you want to go (the trans is stronger on the S50/8.0) there are a few things you will need to consider for this upgrade.

as far as size?
pinion/clutchbell:
stock 15T is pretty decent, if you do get a .28 engine though, 16T will get you some more speed with minimal lack of torque.
if you have aftermarket tires that are lighter or smaller, up to 17T.
18T-19T seem to be too much unless you get like an LRP 32 or Force .32. (i wouldnt recommend engines of that size except maybe the LRP, when they start getting that big, they start lacking on the top end).

spur gear: stock i think is 49T, on both of mine though i got the 52T robinson racing steel gear, but not available anymore. i would start with stock, and maybe a 50T if you can.

AE Monster GT and the Thunder Tiger MTA-4 are both the same trucks (both are made by Thunder Tiger, but AE is sold on U.S. primarily>TT everywhere else.), the MTA-4 S50 and MGT 8.0 do have different clutch, clutchbell and spur gear setups. if this is the route you want to go (the trans is stronger on the S50/8.0) there are a few things you will need to consider for this upgrade.
Thanks for the support . My stripping my truck down bare will start this weekend