Mt2 gone fwd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lgtuk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi like my title says my mt2 has gone a sort of 90% front and 10% rear drive any ideas.

Cheers Sam.

Yeah, heres a clue.

Theres something wrong with your driveline!

Yeah, heres a clue.

Theres something wrong with your driveline!

Uncalled for! Guys looking for some help and advice, so if you are just posting to raise your post count...don't!

Sam, have you checked to make sure you still have both rear dog bones, and that they are both still good, like not missing the cross pin in one or the other,( I actually had that happen on a cvd I have in my RS4 3 ) as well as the center rear shaft. What happens if you lift it off the ground and turn one wheel by hand? You may also have a stripped hex in a wheel letting the shaft spin inside the rim. Check these things out and give us some more info, and we will be happy to help you get it running right again.

Cheers I'm going to work now but I will have alook when I get home and let you know.

See your from woking i done some work up there , nice place .do you have a central diff ? Could be that as well .

I don't know if it has a central diff I assume it has. Yeah surreys a nice place to live I'm brookwood not quite Woking.

If I spin one wheel the opposite wheel spins the opposite way.

If I spin both front wheels together the rears spin together but not as much as I'm spinning the fronts.

Iv just notice the big plastic cog next to the bell housing has got a flat spot in, I will replace this, but this would surely effect all the drive not just the front so I think there is a different problem causing my fwd.

---------- Post added at 7:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:58 AM ----------

Ok so the big cog was the gear me being thick what's the difference between 49t and 52t is it different ratio?

Last edited:
Ok so the big cog was the gear me being thick what's the difference between 49t and 52t is it different ratio?

The greater number of teeth on the spur gear with give you more low end torque, the fewer teeth will give you more top end. The opposite is true of the clutch bell, fewer teeth will give you more torque, more teeth will give you more top end.

Maybe check the pins that hold the cups on the shaft, there may be one missing or even broken. Either way it would cause some drag which would rotate your tires but under load it may be slipping badly, just a thought.

Cheers guys when my new gear turns up I'll strip it down an have a look.

Back