Mounting Tires To Rims What Do I Need To Do?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arawak420

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i want to get this right the first tiem. i have some instant cement. i heard someone mention putting a strip of duct tape on the inside of the tire. one strip or how many strips and other suggestions would help in gettting this right the first time. they are big joe tires.

I would suggest a medium or thick CA glue. Instant is too fast, because the tire may be glued in an unwanted position. I put a strip of duct tape down the center of the inside of the tire all the way around.

to do this you need to have some CA glue or some tire glue from your LHS. take the rim and clean it with some nitro fuel or denatured alcohol. put your tires on your car, then to glue them you have to lift up the side of the tire a little at a time so that you spread the glue evenly. go around and glue the whole tire and let dry. afterwads check if there were any spots that you missed. while you are litting them dry put a rubber band around the tire on the rim so that you get the strongest bond.

.21Rc10GT said:
I would suggest a medium or thick CA glue. Instant is too fast, because the tire may be glued in an unwanted position. I put a strip of duct tape down the center of the inside of the tire all the way around.
To add to this great tip, try not to overlap the ductape more than once if your duct tape is not wide enough. This will have the same effect as that of a steel belted tire. Once this is done go ahead and glue our tires on your rim. If you have chrome painted rims then you will need to sand the lip to remove the paint off to help the adhesive to bond.

I put zipties around the outside.. the rubber bands were too weak...

timmytimmy14 said:
to do this you need to have some CA glue or some tire glue from your LHS. take the rim and clean it with some nitro fuel or denatured alcohol.

DA yes, but cleaning with nitro will leave an oil residue.

i'll just use some rubbing achohol to clean the surface.

Back