Motor Saver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jStyle

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, this might sound stupid/dumb but has anyone tried putting the T-Maxx Motor Saver air filter on there savage? well the T-Maxx filter comes with a 60 degree elbow "i think it could fit" and personally i think it looks way better. i know Motor Saver makes a filter for the savage but its too bulky. does the 2 filters differ in performance? or are they the same. helpS thanks

LEFT = TMAXX RIGHT = SAVAGE

Attachments

• 82_2.jpg
    82_2.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 2d_2.jpg
    2d_2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 79
Why is the savage motor saver too bulky? You can tuck it right under the roll bar. The additional foam layer also helps keep more dirt out.

I don't have the answer your looking for because I don't have a Savage.
What I will say is I refuse to use anything other than a MS filter. I switched over about 3 years ago and never looked back.

Good choice.

lol thanks, i love the Motor Saver also. true ture Sweetdiesel you have a good point about the extra layers. i know i can tuck it right under the roll bar but there isnt much space available after thats why i think its kind of bulky. can anyone tell me if the T Maxx MS performance is the same as the Savage MS. or if anyones using the T Maxx MS for their Savage. thanks~

I'm taking a stab in the dark here.
Isn't the Maxx filter for a .15 and the Savage filter for a .21?

The diameter on the filter exits and tubes will be different.

A good air filter is the last thing you want to skimp on. Especially when off roading. The price difference between the two is less than a dollar. So its not like your saving a huge amount by using the T-Maxx filter on the Savage.

Motor Saver Air Filter Off-Road Savage
Height: 43 mm (1.69")
Diameter: 52 mm (2.05")
Diameter at carb atachment point: 0.6" (15mm)

Motor Saver Air Filter 2.5 Revo/T-Maxx
Length: 1.65" (42mm) not including 60 degree elbow
Diameter: 1.53" (39mm)

Pulled from TowerHobbies.

Don't forget that with the greater flow of air from the Motor Saver, you're gonna have to retune a little bit.

thanks guys i finally came to the conclusion of purchasing the regular Motor Saver for the Savage.

why risk a nice motor for looks/performance.

HPI makes the identical 3 stage MOTORSAVER airfilter for the savage and its like 5 dollars cheaper at least, I found it on e b a y for 13 bucks.

Back