Motor Saver filter for savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone know where I can get one of these filters for my savage? I want this style
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHWU0&P=ML

But everywhere I look, I can only find it for the Maxx/Revo. I can find the other style (With the cap and screw on top) But am looking for the one above. Do they not make them, or am I just looking in the wrong spots?

I've got two of them that I've used on my .21. Wouldn't those work on the Savage as well?

bout the only diff in the 2.5 one and the savage one is the tube.. they are shaped different to clear moving parts

I found that one beason. I wanted this style
msfg1262.jpg

The one with the inside style foam.

4u, they're both the same thing. The one that beason listed includes a 3rd outer foam. If you take it off, it's identical to the one listed for the 2.5. You could also add the outer foam to the 2.5 one.

Of course, I could be wrong. It'd be the first time, though!

I am not sure what you mean but that is just like the revo one. Expect it is a 3 stage filter. Meaing foam, screen, foam. When you remove the outer layer of foam it will look like the t-maxx one.

oh, ok. So that one just doesn't have the outer foam on? Do people run them without the outter foam on? I saw one on a guys rig (That was getting repaired, probably why) and he didnt have the outter filter on if this was the case. I thought it looked like a cool design with the screen though. The one I have now is kinda the same style but doesn't have the screen and just has plastic bars. Its made by Xtm.

I run mine without the outer foam, mainly because when the outer foam is on, it rubs the spur on my Kyosho USA-1. I haven't had a problem, and I'm still running the stocker mill (GS-21). I'd guess you might have to clean it just a little more often.

i run mine with the outerfoam also for more protection. you probably know this, but when you clean the foams the inside you wash out and re-oil, but the outerfoam, pour fuel and all that stuff until the dirt is out then wash it with water. Dry it completely. DO NOT PUT OIL ON THE OUTER FOAM.

yea there the same thing.. just the savy one has the outer.. i think the reason the t-maxx one doesn't is because its a tight fit and may get snagged on the spur.. but yea take the outer off and it will look just like the t-maxx link.. i have had two of them.. trust me..

They are NOT the same, on the ones Beason and Redhatman linked to, the silicone coupler has a totally different angle on it. Contact Bruce at Rush 4u2nv, he will hook you up with exactly what you want.

that is what we are discussing nc.. notice in my second post i stated that the only difference is the tube. he was worried the filter part wasn't the same because it has the outer foam on it. and i explained to him that the only difference is the tube

The one for the Maxx is different to the Savage. The biggest differences is the neck and the outer foam ( prefilter ). I have an extra neck if ya want it if you have the actual filter already.LMK

Jon

The one shown with the tight 90 degree angle will rub against the spur on the Savage, I have the one like 4u originally posted and it fits great.

Just contact Bruce man...

Thanks for the help fellas. I appriciate it. Ill have to give bruce a jingle here and pick one up. Mine on my truck now is trashed. Thanks again!

Back