Motor, ESC advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so why buy a 8 channel radio when fried is moding ur 2 channel radio?. so does new purchase us same rx as new radio? or r u going to buy a 8 channel rx for pistol grip thats gonna be moded?

so why buy a 8 channel radio when fried is moding ur 2 channel radio?. so does new purchase us same rx as new radio? or r u going to buy a 8 channel rx for pistol grip thats gonna be moded?
I already had the flysky 3 channel, I'm not sure what the one coming with the trx4 is like, got a funny feeling its only 2ch, if it is i get my modded 8ch flysk to work on it, then i can have a winch, lights etc

Thanks, rc is not a big thing in my area, there is not a single rc shop in my area, although to be fair there is some in Glasgow, ( a hour away ) my build will be a learning curve for sure, one of my friend's ran a model shop with his family 8 odd years ago, he has offered help if needed, another mate is handy with the eletrical side, hes modding my 3 channel flysky to make it a 8 channel
Hey bud, I won't profess to be very useful on electric but we have a shop local and I've come across a few places while looking for parts myself so if i can help out I will!!!

Hey bud, I won't profess to be very useful on electric but we have a shop local and I've come across a few places while looking for parts myself so if i can help out I will!!!
Cheers, i have found a shop local, i never knew is was there, really small rc shop in Ayr, 9 miles away, i i wll get in for a look when things open back up.

I mind Radioshack in the 1980's. thats where most of my rc stuff came from when i was a boy.

Cheers, i have found a shop local, i never knew is was there, really small rc shop in Ayr, 9 miles away, i i wll get in for a look when things open back up.

I mind Radioshack in the 1980's. thats where most of my rc stuff came from when i was a boy.
Thats great mate. I remember that shop, was there one called Tandy too? Going back a while there though mate my grandad used to buy stuff from there lol

Thats great mate. I remember that shop, was there one called Tandy too? Going back a while there though mate my grandad used to buy stuff from there lol
Aye Tandy was there to, I like Maplins, but the local one to me closed a few year back, i never knew i needed so many resistors a misc eletric gubbins till i had a local Maplins ha

Aye Tandy was there to, I like Maplins, but the local one to me closed a few year back, i never knew i needed so many resistors a misc eletric gubbins till i had a local Maplins ha
Lmao I was never brilliant with that stuff if I'm honest, I'm a mechanic so prefer oil and gears but my grandad was a genius though he could fix anything 😄

Lmao I was never brilliant with that stuff if I'm honest, I'm a mechanic so prefer oil and gears but my grandad was a genius though he could fix anything 😄
I'm the same, my dad was a mechanic, i learned the old way from the early 80's to 96, i see it all as just nuts and bolts, i can fix my own cars and bikes, not been to a garage other than for a mot in years, I'm a tree surgeon to trade.

I'm the same, my dad was a mechanic, i learned the old way from the early 80's to 96, i see it all as just nuts and bolts, i can fix my own cars and bikes, not been to a garage other than for a mot in years, I'm a tree surgeon to trade.
That's the way mate but they sure are trying to get rid of us now so you have to go to a Licenced dealer... robbing cnuts lol