Moss guard for 1/18 scale latrax teton?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mek

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I live and Florida and the main problem with running my little Rc collection around is getting moss in the axels. does anyone know where I can find some? I also have a rustler that has the same problem and I don’t know really what to do.

Last edited:
I live and Florida and the main problem with running my little Rc collection around is getting moss in the tires. I’ve seen shaft guards for 1/10 scale cars but not for 1/18 does anyone know where I can find some? And do they keep moss out off the tires?
I’ve never seen axle shaft guards but they have center driveshaft covers that’s all I know, maybe a mesh guard?

I don't know how a shaft guard could keep moss from getting in the tires 🤷‍♂️

Try different tires with a more angular tread pattern instead of knobbies.

I’ve never seen axle shaft guards but they have center driveshaft covers that’s all I know, maybe a mesh guard?
Do they sell them for axels?

Unfortunately in my little collection of Rc cars and boats I have no angular tires, but I personally don’t think this will fix the problem it would however make it a little better

Lol I see my mistake I accidentally mistook a shock guard for a shaft guard 🤣

Last edited:
I think you will have to fab(home build)a shaft guard. find a thicker walled straw and some type of glue or magnets zip ties..maybe even some pipe insulator like the northern us uses,,pex tube.

I think you will have to fab(home build)a shaft guard. find a thicker walled straw and some type of glue or magnets zip ties..maybe even some pipe insulator like the northern us uses,,pex tube.
Good idear. I always keep my leftover lexan after trimming bodies. And any polycarbonate packaging that has decent sized flat sheets, I cut that out and keep them for airbrush stencils. You could use that for fabricated guards as well. And as a bonus, you can paint the back side to match your RC 😉

smart! I have some leftovers from me remodeling my house

Do they sell them for axels?

Unfortunately in my little collection of Rc cars and boats I have no angular tires, but I personally don’t think this will fix the problem it would however make it a little better

Lol I see my mistake I accidentally mistook a shock guard for a shaft guard 🤣
I was confused as heck when you asked that 🤣

I was confused as heck when you asked that 🤣
I'm pretty confused as well. We are talking about tires, axles, shocks, shafts, and I have no clue what is going on.

Hey @mek - how about some pics of what you are getting moss stuck in.

I'm pretty confused as well. We are talking about tires, axles, shocks, shafts, and I have no clue what is going on.

Hey @mek - how about some pics of what you are getting moss stuck in.
Here

136826D3-20FD-48F1-84B2-5F8B7B189E97.jpeg

75507508-918D-4D2D-8EFA-7DB5C1A8F01C.jpeg

That is going to be a tough one to keep from happening. Maybe if you swapped to some tires like Trenchers, or more of a mud tread/tractor tire pattern it would stop picking up the moss and wrapping it around the arm and hub. RC's just aren't meant to be driven in stuff like that.

That is going to be a tough one to keep from happening. Maybe if you swapped to some tires like Trenchers, or more of a mud tread/tractor tire pattern it would stop picking up the moss and wrapping it around the arm and hub. RC's just aren't meant to be driven in stuff like that.
The tires don’t pick it up it hits the axels and catches in them

that's what I need, unfortunately, they only sell it for xmaxx and kraton
Not that hard to make something similar. You just might have to drill a few holes in your arms.

Not that hard to make something similar. You just might have to drill a few holes in your arms.
good idea that’s probably what I’ll do I can use zip ties to not hinder the strength in the arms

Last edited:
Back