More realistic looking trucks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just wondering, during the time I was at the LHS to get my Slash, the guy there working told me stuff like the the off road RC types you see now are going to be going out and the more realistic looking ones will be moving in on the shelves. You guys think this is true? I have noticed that HPI made a 1:5 scale coming out soon (Baja t5) that looks more realistic than the past type trucks.

I don't know if I buy into that statement. Monster trucks will always have their place to be sure--it is currently the hottest selling segment of R/C. There are the buggy guys whom don't drive anything else. Stadium trucks are great for racing because of the stability inherent in their design.

I do agree that the new "CORR" style trucks are catching on big-time. I like my Slash but wouldn't give you a plug nickel for the Slayer in stock form--it needs A LOT of work. Not what I expected from Traxxas.

Rock crawlers sure would be considered "realistic"!

One thing I like about this hobby: There is a place for everything and everyone. Anything that adds to the hobby and brings in new blood can't be bad.

I for one can't wait to see that new CORR truck from Associated!!!

:thumbup:

One thing I like about this hobby: There is a place for everything and everyone. Anything that adds to the hobby and brings in new blood can't be bad.
:thumbup:

Great statement! Very well put!

With that said, I myself have really gotten in to the scale part of the hobby recently. I really like a truck that looks like something you would actually see on a trail, or out in Moab on the rocks. But I also still love monster trucks too just for the bash em up factor, just like the real monster trucks.

Have all but buggy, really have fun just depends on mood fast and crazy or slow and rocky

Age is just a state of mind. I'm 54 but often feel 94 but my mind says I'm still just a kid

Back