Monster gt toe links

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone know of a good upgrade for the toe links for a Monster GT. I finished the break in. Thought I would turn it loose some. Well second jump I landed I blowed the right rear toe link completely off. I found it and put it back on but if they come off that easy I thought someone might know about a upgrade for this.

No broken bolt. It just popped off the ball end on the carrier side and the bulk head side. It popped right back on. I did land pretty hard with all the weight on that side on a black top surface.

GPM used to made some upgraded Titanium links but it sounds more like the plastic piece in the end is worn from popping off. A simple fix is some RPM

I don't think they should have worn already I just broke the truck in this weekend. It's only seen 8 tanks of fuel.

take and put some small washer on under the screw so they do not pop off. thats what I need and it works great

I don't think they should have worn already I just broke the truck in this weekend. It's only seen 8 tanks of fuel.

Your right that they shouldnt have broken but you know as well as most of us that parts can and do wear prematurely in this hobby. That and the investment would be under $10 for enough to outfit your whole rig.

Your right that they shouldnt have broken but you know as well as most of us that parts can and do wear prematurely in this hobby. That and the investment would be under $10 for enough to outfit your whole rig.

This is true. They must have went the El cheapo way with the toe links on these rigs. I have a set of punisher ball end links I think I will modify to fit. I am running a set on a BB Maxx truck and have not broke them yet, so they should hold up on the ole MGT.

She is a heavy rig and I've found that theres plenty of things that "should" hold up but I found myself eventually upgrading anyway. GPM tierods, RPM arms and carriers at all 4 corners have made this rig a pretty durable basher for me. I do love the power the 4.6 puts out as well

I agree the 4.6 def put down some serious grunt. I may upgrade mine to the 8.0 eventually I have the motor mount parts and the engine already. All I am missing is the pipe. But it seems the 4.6 is thirsty enough with the fuel I couldn't emagine how bad the .50 would be.