Modified Exhaust Question???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoustonGearHead

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I took one of my old nitro buggies, a redcat tornado, with a .18 and added about 3.5 inches of stainless tubing to the stock exhaust outlet nipple. Slipped it over the outlet, bent it up so it would not drag on the asphalt, buggy is lowered and converted to road only, and set screwed it into place. The sound is amazing it really screams. I was wondering if the added tip will cause any pressure or temp issues. I just simply added it to the existing stock pipe like a chrome exhaust pipe extension to an auto. I will attach pics if anyone is interested. Just wondering if anyone thinks it may cause damage to the motor. Thanks.

I took one of my old nitro buggies, a redcat tornado, with a .18 and added about 3.5 inches of stainless tubing to the stock exhaust outlet nipple. Slipped it over the outlet, bent it up so it would not drag on the asphalt, buggy is lowered and converted to road only, and set screwed it into place. The sound is amazing it really screams. I was wondering if the added tip will cause any pressure or temp issues. I just simply added it to the existing stock pipe like a chrome exhaust pipe extension to an auto. I will attach pics if anyone is interested. Just wondering if anyone thinks it may cause damage to the motor. Thanks.

Would be good to see pictures:D

Never added a pic on the forum. How do you do it. Sorry new to forum.

you upload the picture to a photo hosting site, or your gallery here. then if you use photobucket you just copy the link to the picture with the in front of it here. and the pic will show up.

adding some tube to the tip of the stinger shouldnt cause any issues. they make rubber ones that go over the tip to help keep the rig clean.

houstongearhead

exhaust3.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

Thanks Beason. It definitely gives it a unique sound.

Last edited:
Cool!! I dont think it'll effect the engines health.. If you'd of lengthened the header, it would probably effect the tune, but just lengthening the exhaust tip shouldnt do much but make it look kewl!! :D Hey, what body is that you have on there? I was looking for a "clear" buggy body for my Tornado, but everyone is out and all they have is pre-painted.. Never thought about tryin a truck body, but all the other buggy bodies were either way to narrow, or too short.. Thanks!

It is a body from an HSP-Tyrannosaurus monster truck. I have two trucks and two tornado buggies. The site I got them from is rctoyhouse.com. I painted the truck body cut out the hood and back for the shock tower. I also added about a one inch by quarter inch al plate to each side of the shock tower to extend the shock mount lowering the rear end. I lost the pipe this weekend somewhere is a large parking lot. Didnt keep an eye on the set screw.

Peace

Aw No! Lost your tip?? That sux!! Thanks for the body info!! Not sure I follow on the shock tower extension though? Got any pix I could look at? I think most of the Redcat lower arms have a hole for a setscrew so you can lower the ride height? Not sure what size setscrew they take though, but check on your chassis for little "nubs" that line up under the holes.. (that is, if ya even give a chit) Sounds like ya already solved the prob.. :D

Yeah the nubbies didnt lower it enough so I basically extended the shock tower where the top of the shock attaches. This raises the shock tower which lowers the rear end. Look at the pic. The al tabs is what I added to extend the shock. I always give a chit about RC bro!! How is the weather is FL. I grew up in Brunswick GA.

Ooops forgot pic for shock tower extension.
HSPLOWER.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Ah, ok.. I see it now! Cool idea!! Looks like some nice extensions w/ multi mounting holes and all!! Nice mod!! The weathers so-so.. Didnt think winter (cooler) temps would ever get here, then thought they'd never leave! LoL. Finally getting back to highs around 70.. (Should be around 79 by now) but it's getting there!

where could i buy some extending pipe for the exhaust i dont know where to get it?

Tower Hobbies or any other hobby shop sells rubber(so they don't break off) stinger extensions. Their main purpose is to deflect exhaust residue. Keeps the vehicle cleaner.

Back