Moderators equal editors???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtbmatty

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
I’ve had a thread title renamed twice tonight. It was called trick shot, which doesn’t meet the 14 character minimum so I followed it with a bunch of periods to make it work.
Someone felt the need to change it, so I changed it back, and it was changed yet again.

So what’s up with that??

Only two guys with that ability frequent the forum. @WoodiE and @HPIguy

It may be something to do with the search engine or something not liking periods in the title maybe?

no need to step up. the person that altered it already did. commas dont work with the search try following simple instructions given when you 1st tried your tittle.

Last edited:
no need to step up. the person that altered it already did. commas dont work with the search try following simple instructions given when you 1st tried you tittle.
Actually there is a need. Moderators don't need to edit titles or content that isn’t harmful or offensive.
I left the last edit they did, which is rustler trick shot. the first edit was the rustler and big rocks epic back yard jump. I originally titled it trick shot……
and for what it’s worth a period is a “character“ so don’t condescend to me about following instruction.
lastly the comment about using commas was sarcasm,

Mtbmatty said:
Moderators equal editors???
Yes, it absolutely does, and it spells this out very clearly in the Terms and Rules page, which I would highly recommend you read.

Thread titles with 17 periods and 7 commas serve no purpose, making searching harder, tells the reader noting about what the thread is about. This is a great example why a thread titles are expected to be a certain length. As many threads with titles like "help" or "plz help" or "trick" or whatever were becoming to often. Thus the character length.

We don't need paragraph titles, just a short semi-meaningful titles. Easy peasy.

When I see threads with 33 periods and 9 smilies and 41 commas then I edit the title.

I hear what you’re saying, and maybe it’s easier for you to “take care of it” than ask for it to be changed.
While I didn’t appreciate it being changed for me, I get it probably makes things difficult on the back end.
Thanks for the input.

I agree that if a change is needed, a moderator should at least send a PM. I have had thread titles changed before on other forums. It leaves the user at first thinking their thread was deleted, and until they go into their post history and find out what happened, they are left wondering. So while it may be an easy way for a moderator to fix a thread, it ends up being frustrating, confusing, and in the end more work for the user to find their thread again. This is not the first time I have seen this exact same kind of response from a user who had a thread changed without any notification. A simple PM from a moderator would solve this. A good moderator to me would be courteous enough to do that. It takes only a few seconds to send a PM. And lord knows there isn't much time spent on this forum by the moderators. Not b####ing. Just pointing out the obvious.

Hey guys. Might want to check up on the TOS. Here is an example of what I am talking about:
Screenshot 2023-04-18 1.49.31 PM.png

Back