Modding out a Tmaxx any suggestions, also post your moded tmaxxes here!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calmlikeabomb

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
DSC00299.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

lol i snapped a drive shaft in the back left. any suggestions also post you pics too. also notice the bent top a-arm on the front left... i have no clue how i did that.
i also need new bulkheads cause i have a bit of play in the top a-arms, still runs fine.

Last edited:
if your still running 2.5 spec shafts, then upgrading to 3.3 spec shafts should help, and wouldn't be that expensive.

yeah i plan on getting the 3.3 knuckles to go along with the a-arms thus causing me to have to upgrade to the 3.3 shafts, you can't see but i cut some screws and some old turn buckles to make extensions to the turnbuckles to make them reach for the time being, worked out alright.

Check out my build. Let me know if you have any questions!

heres my sportmaxx converted to t-maxx foward only.
i rammed it into a car tire at top speed in less than a week. it pancaked.
so i needed a new bocy and got the carbon fiber one. the engine runs around 400degrees F. i dont know why but it runs like a top! doesn't show any sighs of overheating and i have 3 gallons on it. (each gallon a different fuel lol:yes: ) its amazing how te thing still runs..if you look at the pics closely youll see some of my half-a$$ work

dscn0313td1lc4.jpg

dscn0315pu6uc9.jpg

dscn0316ph7fd2.jpg

dscn0317oq1na2.jpg

dscn0318gy7xn9.jpg

dscn0320hi1bk0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obj...t" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

oh...i think the pics are a bit big...sorry...****i fixed the pics!
i dont think the youtube worked...
heres a link

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYACj3RfzRw"]YouTube - t-maxx roof jump[/ame]

Last edited:
nice looking max...

but your going to have to shrink the pics to no more than 800 x 600 or a mod will remove them

400 degrees!!! WOW! Thats a little hot. Most say 300f is way up there..

nice looking max...

but your going to have to shrink the pics to no more than 800 x 600 or a mod will remove them

i dont know how to change them....unless i re postit....i just signed up here...there not too much bigger than 800x600

there fixed

any other suggestions on some mods?

so you think i should get rid of my rd logics arms.. i need different bulkheads to match up with those a-arms, because the top a-arms have some play, not really effecting much so i still bash with them.

Its really up to you... And I believe there are some little castor clips that go on the upper a-arm.

hmm that'd be cheaper than replacing the bulkheads..

I replaced pretty much every traxx-ass part on my maxx and I am finally happy with it...

I kept the Bumper mounts and body pins though......

do you want to post some pics?

I guess I can show off in yet another thread...I'm a Pimp to tha maxx......

Older pic of my Maxx
Mutant-1.jpg

Newerish pics (I've got a better fitting body on it now that was an MGT 1/8 scale body for the length of the extended truggy chassis) this thing keeps going and going and going....
DSC05497.jpg

DSC05501.jpg

DSC05499.jpg

DSC05488.jpg

AND some pics of my old maxx that ClintD has now and I'd like to see the newer pics he has of the finished project.....
5f03a403.jpg

Complete-3.jpg

I replaced pretty much every traxx-ass part on my maxx and I am finally happy with it...

I kept the Bumper mounts and body pins though......

Thats no lie...:LoL:

Well I still use the stock arms, chassis and gear box. I don't even think I have a stock screw on the truck lol

Last edited:
here are some pics of my moded out max ready to go. needs new shocks anyone got any suggestions on a good set of shocks I'm all ears. wheels and tires on the way there going to be Pro-Line Masher Tires with 23mm Commando Beadlocks rims.:fro:

Attachments

• 106_1189.jpg
    106_1189.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 106_1187.jpg
    106_1187.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 106_1188.jpg
    106_1188.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 153
Back