Mod Parts, you Done To your RC....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_m63

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, Recently i broke my (attached picture), my question is do you really have to stick with original/aftermarket parts or can i just go and build it myself out of other materials such as steel, aluminum or other useful materials.

That Red line is where the part broke...Cheap Plastic

Attachments

• media.nl.jpg
    media.nl.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 114
Depends on what it's for. That image is so small, it's hard to tell what it is or what it's for.

I find that having some plate steel, plate aluminum and steel round bar comes in handy. I made a hinge pin brace for my savage not to long ago. I would have just bought a new one, but I didn't realize I had one broken when I bought a bunch of stuff. So, to avoid being down for a weekend, I traced one out using the broken one, did a bit of hacksaw, bit of drill, bit of dremel and now I don't have to worry about it.

However, if your having issues with something that has really tight clearances, sometimes buying a new one or an aftermarket alloy piece is best.

what is it? looks like a drawer handle...

I'm with olds, if you can get by with a homemade part until the real one comes in, more power to ya!

I've made parts for my vehicles before no problem. if you got the skills and the tools go for it. Hell, I made a custom carbon fiber servo plate for my buggy with nothing but a dremel and it turned out beautifully.

With some 3 or 4mm quasi-directional carbon fiber, you can make bullet proof parts with a dremel. i have made a few custom parts fro my older Savages. Wear a dust mask!

well i emailed redcatracing and after a couple of emails they agree to replace the part free of charge...That little part is attached to both front wheels, it keeps them straight, makes the turns and pretty much controls the whole steering of my buggy...

I purchased this buggy on ebay and redcat will send me a free part great...

yeah i know i saved there about 15, they asked where i purchased so i said a LHS and that was all GREAT.