Miss Budweiser Hydroplane Help Needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you couldn't spring for the extra 3 bucks and buy a metal prop :D

Honestly that prop doesn't appear to have the same pitch as the original.

You don't think so, what?

I would also highly recommend a metal prop.
I don't think it's mounted correctly. It's hard to tell from those pics, but it appears that the cutting edge is trailing.
Flip it and try it, then order a metal prop that won't flex under load.

No, they're hard to find!

Just ran and got a composite 1.34" x 2.06" prop, so I'll see if that makes any difference/

OK guys I KNOW what the problem here is. The prop is cavitating. It is not made to be just set in the water and go, it needs some forward movement to get the prop to "bite". As you launch your boat, hold it about 6 inches off the water, and give it a strong forward toss . Works best with 2 people, one driving the boat, and one as a pitman/ boat tosser.

Another note about this boat/ propeller- If you are replacing the prop with another stock plastic prop, be very careful tightening down the new prop! In fact, it works best if you don't tighten it, rather, leave it a tad loose. If you tighten it too much, you will crack the prop. (it is very easy to do) ((crack the prop, that is)).

Back