mirror gold

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I gave some spaz mirror gold a try earlier and it came out perfect BUT it looks mirror chrome, no gold, what should I have backed it with? I just black, but again, it came out chrome instead.

yeah, i used it just like i use the chrome which always turns out perfect...

Interesting. I've never used it so I really don't have any good info for ya. Sorry man... :shrug:

Ok thats fine. Guess I'll prolly experiment with it next time and see what went wrong, maybe white is needed to back it instead...

I had a similar problem with a Testor's color change lime. Instead of green with yellow highlights, it was white with green highlights when backed with white. When I backed it with black, like it was recommended it was the proper color. Did Spazstix give a recommended backing color?

I've used the gold in an airbrush. Spaz Stix. It's transparent, so the more you use, the more orange it looks. After a little practice on scraps you'll figure out how you want it.
After laying down the gold, you back it with mirror chrome, then the white or black.

I've used the gold in an airbrush. Spaz Stix. It's transparent, so the more you use, the more orange it looks. After a little practice on scraps you'll figure out how you want it.
After laying down the gold, you back it with mirror chrome, then the white or black.

i backed this with black which turned it to chrome. i'll mess with it tomorrow.

Ok so apperently, you need to back it with spaz clear coat to keep it reflective gold, just spray it like you would their chrome but back it with clear. Which is ok I guess unless it was what you wanted to put down first. What I painted today wouldnt have worked anyways because it would have been hit atleast on the edges of the gold with black, but that might be a cool transition since it would most likely go from the gold chrome to chrome.

On the can lol. I didnt see it the first time I read it.

Well I'll just keep it in this thread, did some new body panels yesterday.

001-171.jpg

004-116.jpg

Here's an Escalade I painted and sold to someone here. Yellow gold on the top racks and almost a copper/bronze on the lower trim.
The color is determined by how much gold you spray on, and the mirror look is achieved by a chrome then black backing. I used quite a few coats of mirror chrome before I backed it.

CadSide.jpg

I've used the gold, and red anodized airbrush paint with great results. I used the gold around the windows on the white 200mm body, but I can't collect a decent image because of the sun.I have a question for one of you moderators. Can I post a "for sale" listing if I am giving the items for $0.00. I'd post these two bodies for $0.00, plus the cost of postage.I've been on Hobby Talk, RC Tech, RC Car Action for a combined 25 years, with 1,000's of posts, and not a single complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have to ask Woodie about that.

I might be wrong but that does not look to be perfectly reflective mirrored gold. I wont use it unless I can have it be just like looking into a mirror, like the mirror chrome is. Spaz says you have to back it with Mirror Clear coat, which no one has in stock except them. I've tried backing it with alot of things now and it does no mirror like their chrome does.

Back