MIP CVD's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specter

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am going to purchase MIP CVD's from tower hobbies and I am purchasing the 1/4" kit and I own the rc10gt+ which has 3/16" axles Is this going to be a lot of trouble to convert it to 1/4" status?? Also is there a way to convert the front axles/spindles to 1/4"?

spector - i do not know the answer to this, so i called my LHS - they said you CAN NOT use those cvd's, as it is impossible to convert them. U may want to look into this further, but they are usually pretty knowledgable

thanx, I will look into it a little bit further, but if the hobby shop said it was impossible it's probably impossible or damn close to it.
thanx

Yesterday I tried to temporarily fix my bulkhead since is going to be a little while till I have the cash to buy a new one. To make a long story short I was out bashing the field and hit some pretty nice burms my temp fix came undone and I lost one of my dogbones:doh:. My question is should I just buy a new one or should I buy the correct MIP CVD's
thanx

I heard that the 1/4 will fit.

Steve

never, ever replace a dogbone with a dogbone. dogbones are the worst invention ever. replace with cvd's - u will thank me.

Well the Savage doesn't have CVD's yet, or do they?

Steve

No - the savage doesn't have cvd's - which sucks. to charge someone 400.00 for a truck and include dogbones is just pathetic.

The upgrade Dogbones for the Savgage are pretty much unbreakable though. The stock dogbones break a lot so I'm told buy the upgrade ones are said to be able to withstand the .26 easy.

Steve

they are still dogbones - the breakage factor is not the concern about dogbones.

The Problems Are Twofold
  • dogbones pop out alot and get lost
  • dogbones chatter, causing loss of power, and vibration

CVD's:drool: For now I think that I will go out in the field w/my metal detector and look for my dogbone since I am not going to have the money to fix it right away since I just had to buy my means of transportation 2day. Good points with the dog bones popping out and causing loss of power, very true.

-Flash- I also asked my LHS if 1/4" will fit since I had my heart set on the 1/8th scale wheel adapters and they said good luck trying kid.

Back