MIP CVD problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tootallpaul

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey all, I just put a center set of MIP cvd on my truck and the way that they secure them is with two small set screws on each side. The stock way was a pin all the way through. does anyone know if they make a pin that goes all the way through for the mip's? there setup with the set screws striped on the first run and the stock pin is a sloppy fit thanks for the help

glad you asked because i will need the same answer.dont worry someone will answer you(us).

I have the center CVD's in my e maxx have not had any problems with them and I am running a brushlees set up, when you install the center CVD's you need to make sure you use a little blue lock tight on the set screws and that you tighten the set screws into where the old stock set screw/pin went through where the flat spots are the shaft comming out of the transmission, that way there is some thing for the new set srews to bite on...then just check your set screws from time to time to make sure they are tight...It is the same for the diff sides as well..

hey all, I just put a center set of MIP cvd on my truck and the way that they secure them is with two small set screws on each side. The stock way was a pin all the way through. does anyone know if they make a pin that goes all the way through for the mip's? there setup with the set screws striped on the first run and the stock pin is a sloppy fit thanks for the help

Hey all turns out that the set screws were not the problem. The robinson gear tab broke in half??? WTF I thought that Robinson raceing gears are the best? Any thoughts?? I'm running a Picco .26max , tranny is all robinson racing with RD logics case. All cvd's are MIP, diffs are UE, sllipper clutch is tight but does give. I'm working on this thing more that driving it !!!

Do you have A FOC installed in your truck yet? if not I would recommend installing one, not only dose it reduce the number of gears in the tranny, but it also reduces your total rotating mass, you may also want to try running your slipper clutch a little looser, I am not sure what version of T Maxx you have but is it is the older version with the slipper that uses the little pegs you might want to change to a RRP slipper that uses slipper pads and IMO is more consistent.

diff prob

yes I do have a FOC conversion in it along with the robinson racing spur gear

Back