Mini-T 5 Call pack

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Mini-T 5 Cell pack

I just received a trial set of 2250 ma AA bats from my connection.
After making a trial fit on the Mini-T I found that 5 cells will fit just fine without the battery holder. I believe Losi designed it that way. I was going to make a 6-7 cell pack but decided not to fry my stock ESC to quickly. It seems that Losi through a monkey wrench into mix. The servo that comes with the M-T uses 4 wires rather than the standard 3 wire setup everyone else uses. Why? One can only guess. Is it so you need to purchase their stuff? One can only guess. The servo seems to be an odd size and can't be swapped out with an off the shelf micro servo.

After 30 minutes or so in front of the soldering iron I now have a 6v 2250ma battery pack. Its on the charger now and should be ready to rock in an hour or so.

-Ed

Last edited:
A 5 cell pack makes all the difference in the world. This is a must.

-Ed

If I could get my damn T here, I'd one up you. I have a Peak Performance 6-cell micro pack just sitting here waiting for the truck. I will run it a few times with just 4 cells to get an idea. Then I want to see what happens when I go to 6.

Hey RC heads:

The Mini-T comes with a non-installed part that's identified as part of a battery box set. Is this piece used for the 5 or 6-cell pack?

It sounds like you just tossed your battery box pieces altogether Eddy. Can you link me on that battery pack you got?

I wonder if we can convert them to LiPoly setups easily.

I just soldered 5 of my 2250ma AAs together and used an HPI Micro battery connector.

I just tossed my stock battery case and the 5 cell fir right in.

-Ed

Has anyone seen a LiPoly conversion for these yet?

Hobbytown in Ahwatukee, AZ is using LiPoly in theirs. The shop guy is an airplane guru, so he must have known how to do it. I'll aks how they did it this afternoon.

So has anybody used this piece at all? It doesn't seem to nest properly anywhere down in the battery compartment.

batterybox.jpg

Originally posted by RAMTech-RC
Hobbytown in Ahwatukee, AZ is using LiPoly in theirs. The shop guy is an airplane guru, so he must have known how to do it. I'll aks how they did it this afternoon.

I knew someone had to have done it already! THATS SOOOOOO AWESOME!

Ill patiently await the info!

I will FINALLY have a reason to do a LiPoly conversion! Who knows, maybe I can even write a 'How-To' by the time I'm done!

THANK YOU!
-Chris

Lol just for fun i took a 6 cell stick and just took some rubber bands to hold it down. It was backfliping like no tommorw A little to top heavy but it is super fast.

LMFAO,
You sure made it home fast.
I could see you joensing at my shop. Does the 7.2 give much more than my 6V?

-Ed

After only a short time with yours I would say yes, but we need to see them side by side!

You looked pretty quick with it today, looks to me like you are getting the hang of it. I need to practice as you got a head start on the Winter indoor season 2004.:radio:

Let's just say that the 7.2v pack gives it a second gear:thumbup: :naughty:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
I will FINALLY have a reason to do a LiPoly conversion! Who knows, maybe I can even write a 'How-To' by the time I'm done!

Ah, but the real question is: Will ya post it?

just raggin ya C.

Whitt...

Originally posted by error401

Ah, but the real question is: Will ya post it?

just raggin ya C.

Whitt...

OMG no he didn't call you out on that!!!! ROFLMAO!!!:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Oh yeah. Busted. I had to clean up my webspace and I'm not sure but I think I took my "pre-made ready to post in the tech section" Savage shock condom page offline. Didn't do it out of spite mind you, just had to clean up the space for the new website.

I still have it archived though.

Originally posted by wdavidhicks
So has anybody used this piece at all? It doesn't seem to nest properly anywhere down in the battery compartment.

batterybox.jpg

Just a quick FYI to revisit w's question...
That part is a holder for installing a 5-6 cell pack. If you look in the bottom of the chassis where the batteries go, you'll see that shape imprinted on the chassis. You install it with the end facing up and then drop your battery pack into it. Keeps them from sliding while you're running. And you can adjust the CG by turning it around.

Back