mini dirt late model

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northlander

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here is the mini late model I made with some simple conversions to a mini-t. The biggest change was stretching the chassis 1 5/8" to match the mcallister body. It's running a mamba 5400 with a HS-81mg servo. I had to add the front skid to keep the body from catching the ground on bumps. The track I run on is a backyard track but it has become much smoother after a few runs so it runs pretty good.

Last edited:
so you made a dirt track car?? thats sweet!!.. i go out to the race way and watch them on occasion.. those unlimiteds are crazy fast. but the sprints, thats just reduculous (sp) 184mph on the back stretch of a 1/8th mile ovel, on dirt, closer to other cars then you are comforable parking, with open wheels, sideways.

those guys gotta be crazy..

does your do the whole sideways powerslide corner thing?? that sounds hard to do with an rc..

The oval track has fairly tight turns so you can slide it into the corner, it's a tricky balance between your throttle finger and steering to keep it in a slide all the way around but it's fun. My next project is a mini sprint, basically the chassis will stay the same, just a matter of putting together a good sprint body with the big wing and the small wing on the front, I have a hacked together truck body with wings but I think it would perform better with a proper body and wing size.