Might be going away for a year or two and unable to use my maxx or xmaxx iv got really good expensive new batterys what can i do to preserve them

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will1989

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Got something coming up which may mean I have to go away for a year maybe two. I have a traxxas maxx and a brand new xmaxx with 4 brand new expensive perfect 9200 mah 4s fresh out box today a few £££££ worth of lovely batterys....what can I do to preserve them.. all I can think is storage charge and keep in the house so don't get extreme temp changes in a fire proof bag???? Is that all I can do? Will they be OK after a year sat on storage. Is it worth getting mrs to sell them? Really don't wanna sell them if do end up having to leave. There so sexy. Please chip in let me no your opinions. Fairly new to the whole scene so you most likely no a lot more than I do. All I no is 4s batterys cost dough. Thanks for your help. 👍

did you charge yet? if you did cycle them a few times then put in storage voltage put in cool dry location. id put in a metal bucket with sand covering them. in that year or 2 might have a friend check on them with voltage checker. if new just put in sand bucket be safe...

Got something coming up which may mean I have to go away for a year maybe two. I have a traxxas maxx and a brand new xmaxx with 4 brand new expensive perfect 9200 mah 4s fresh out box today a few £££££ worth of lovely batterys....what can I do to preserve them.. all I can think is storage charge and keep in the house so don't get extreme temp changes in a fire proof bag???? Is that all I can do? Will they be OK after a year sat on storage. Is it worth getting mrs to sell them? Really don't wanna sell them if do end up having to leave. They’re so sexy. Please chip in let me no your opinions. Fairly new to the whole scene so you most likely no a lot more than I do. All I no is 4s batterys cost dough. Thanks for your help. 👍
As long as theyre in a temperature controlled environment they should be fine for a couple of years I would think. I only cycle my unused lipos once a year and the voltages on them are generally fine after 1 year. If you could have a friend cycle them once or twice while you're gone that would be better than just leaving them but I imagine they'd be fine for 2 years.

P.S. Dont drop the soap! 🤣

As long as theyre in a temperature controlled environment they should be fine for a couple of years I would think. I only cycle my unused lipos once a year and the voltages on them are generally fine after 1 year. If you could have a friend cycle them once or twice while you're gone that would be better than just leaving them but I imagine they'd be fine for 2 years.

P.S. Dont drop the soap! 🤣
Hahaha toushay. Cheers for the advice. If a friend has access to my cars they will be out with them every weekend and I will be worrying about my baby xmaxx all the time never mind dropping soap. Rather be buggered than give some1 access to my cars and batterys haha

Back