Micro RS4 Ti Antenna mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Works awesome for the EXO 2 chassis and others. You need HPI Ti antenna kit Part number Z154 and a 3mm nut.

tiant1.jpg

I shaved about 7-8 inches of protective covering off of my antenna. I wrapped the raw antenna wire around Ti antenna, then I take the remainder and wrap it like the instructions says around the provided board. Then I take some clear heat shrink (you chose your color here) and I cut it to fit then heat it up snug around the antenna. I walked down my street until I could not see the micro anymore (blocks) and I was turning the wheels while my girl friend was watching and reception was great.

Here is the finished product

tiant2.jpg

nice... I wish I could get 5ft of reception.

I'm checking a local sop this weekend to see if they have any FM radios in stock.

No worries, I'm in no hurry. My recomendation is a quality radio be it AM or FM. I used to to think only good ones were FM but they make all the sweet stuff in both flavors for the most part.

True,, but I already have a Futaba FM receiver. I may just sell it and buy a new setup since a radio comes with receiver.

Back