micro rs4 motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSTFBDY

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok time has come for me to buy a motor. Right now it has a HPI moded 45T

I want a speed 300 motor I have the Golden Horizons Aluminum Motor Plate for a 300 already.

It says this :COMMENTS: This plate can be used for Team Orion Big Block or Graupner Speed 300. Now what I dont know is are all BB and 300's the same size?

I'm looking at the Rabid Chihauhau Dyno Tuned 370 Big Block
http://www.blindbatts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=40

Will this fit? is this a good motor?

last question is what turn motor is this? Right now I have a Futaba MC230CR esc that says

FEATURES: Operates motors that are 20 turns up to 27 turns (Stock Motors).

will thus work with the motor? or should I buy this Novak Spy I have on lend form humerblot. I borrowed it to test a glitching problem but we belive its a receiver/radio problem.

Thanks In advance for any advice.

all speed 300's are the Mabbuci Speed 300 motor badged by many diff companies like Graupner, and the Team Orion Big Block. It can be had for around $15. A few companies are taking apart these motors that were not meant to take apar and they are dynoing them which I understand means shave the come so it is more balanced as it spins and Blindbatts has the Rabid, www.one18th.com has the Beast, and their are a few others. I do notice a diff betweeen my stock speed 300's and my modified. In my opinion the stock has much more off the line punch but my modified speed 300 has much more in the rpm category. Hope that helps.

BTW that motor will fit.

Ya i was just reading this at blind about the 370 motors they get
http://www.blindbatts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=39

370 Big Block Motor
[BB370] $10.50

Low cost sticker-free version of the Team Orion Big Block. This is what our Rabid Chihauhau motors start out life as before they are dyno tuned.

These motors perform the same, last just as long, and cost far less than Graupner Speed 300 6v, Team Orion Big Block, Peak Racing Chubby, and any of the other sticker-label names. We buy direct from Mabuchi to save you money!

I also read this on how to Tune your own motor
http://www.one18th.com/articles/speed300prep.php

so I dono if I should get the speed300 and do that myself or just buy the rabid.

How do you like yours?
I have a ton of diff. pinion gears to try for diff feels.

The Rabid is a sick ass motor, I would highly recomend it for the price. Ask Eddy as he also bought this same motor.

cool cool.. Prob all I will need for a tennis court car anyways.

I'm just looking right now anyways.. Gota get the receiver/radio/esc probelm figured out 1st.

I'm gona try and find someone local who I can borrow a FM radio from. soon as I do I'll let ya know if I'm gona buy this spy or not.

Then get a motor :)

It is a "Sick Ass" Motor.
One thing to look at is its a one time motor. When its toast you need to chuck it and get another you can't rebuild it or replace the brushes.

It has a lot more high-end then most others but does lack bottom end. Its not a dog at the bottom but it is noticeable.