Mgt acting funy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
So I took my new to me mgt4.60 to the hobby store to have them help me with the tune and found a bad transmission. Got that fixed got home and ran 2 tanks through it and now after it runs about ½ a tank it starts idling real high and wants to take off a little bit. Any thoughts

So I took my new to me mgt4.60 to the hobby store to have them help me with the tune and found a bad transmission. Got that fixed got home and ran 2 tanks through it and now after it runs about ½ a tank it starts idling real high and wants to take off a little bit. Any thoughts

The trucks never had tank lean outs like others claimed on other models!..🤦‍♂️😂🤣
The tank were prone to leak pressure over time because of the rubber grommets on the fittings ,
an one fitting actually screws in place ,the tank was fully rebuildable do to all the seals it had!
Unfortunately ,sense the model is out date ,the tank rebuild kit probably can't be found ,I used
Silicone & Teflon plumbers tape to seal those areas!..😎
I can show you a vid if you like!..👍

The trucks never had tank lean outs like others claimed on other models!..🤦‍♂️😂🤣
The tank were prone to leak pressure over time because of the rubber grommets on the fittings ,
an one fitting actually screws in place ,the tank was fully rebuildable do to all the seals it had!
Unfortunately ,sense the model is out date ,the tank rebuild kit probably can't be found ,I used
Silicone & Teflon plumbers tape to seal those areas!..😎
I can show you a vid if you like!..👍
Yes please do, and thank you

Yes please do, and thank you

I will have to make a vid of the actual tank seals ,that will take time!
The tank leaks will kill your engine an give you false tune readings!

Here is mine where I was breaking in the engine ,the engine was set factory rich for the break-in but
still wasn't getting no fuel do to no pressure in the tank ,there should have been a big puddle of exhaust
fluids on the bench ,but here is a vid of me explaining the tank problem an point it out!

Back