Mgt 8.0 replacement motor? Help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetickduke

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone know of a replacement motor for the mgt 8.0? I don't want to sacrifice power, I don't care about price (to a point lol) I just the same or comparable power from the stock one

Thanks guys!

Nooooo. Lol I just got my savage running good! I'll never sacrifice her motor! ????

I am selling her tho once I get this 8.0 running

Nooooo. Lol I just got my savage running good! I'll never sacrifice her motor! ????

I am selling her tho once I get this 8.0 running

That was the road that I went down after destroying 2 8.0's ,as I wanted a little bit more power than a 28 size ,but
was very happy with my 5.9 engine!
I still have another 5.9 engine & a new pist/sleeve new in a package ,but never had to use them ,my 5.9 is
still strong after 10 yrs ,about 2 1/2 gallons through it!

There is OS & LRP engines ,they have good performance power ,Olds would have better specs on those!... :cool:

Will it drop in okay?

That was the road that I went down after destroying 2 8.0's ,as I wanted a little bit more power than a 28 size ,but
was very happy with my 5.9 engine!
I still have another 5.9 engine & a new pist/sleeve new in a package ,but never had to use them ,my 5.9 is
still strong after 10 yrs ,about 2 1/2 gallons through it!

There is OS & LRP engines ,they have good performance power ,Olds would have better specs on those!... :cool:
Are you interested in selling that?

Hmmmmmm ?

??

I understand lol I'll find something suitable

I just don't know what will fit.

What's a good motor. Etc

Ill do research

you will need the 4.6 engine mount, the 8.0 does not fit other big blocks, good thing is they are relatively cheap.
you will also need a smaller tooth clutchbell, probably somewhere in the 16T-17T range. the 8.0s did not turn as many RPMs as most .28/4.6s, but had more torque.
many have used and loved the dynamite big red engine in their MGTs, LRP (if you can get a new from factory one, some of the semi-recent ones had QC issues and burs and imperfections in the pistons and sleeves.) Novarossi 28-8 and or the 28-7, another option is to look into HPI 4.6 engines.

Thank you! I'm definitely looking at something brand new not used

big red is about 150USD, pretty good price for an engine, the novas you can get for around 200$, guy in another forum I'm in is having some issues with a defective head button though.

Now I'll have to see if I can find a 4.6 engine mount.
They are almost non existent

What's the problem with other big blocks, holes don't line up or something?

Bosses 3d printers are busy for the next 2-3 months solid with work

If it's a, simple clearance issue or hole location problem. I can throw it on my cnc mill and fix that

However cause of work load, I don't have time to make a new one right now

Bosses 3d printers are busy for the next 2-3 months solid with work

If it's a, simple clearance issue or hole location problem. I can throw it on my cnc mill and fix that

However cause of work load, I don't have time to make a new one right now

Here ,there is also a few other brands that make the engine mounts like GPM an Nova race parts ,I have a Nova
on one of my Mgt's!

Here is an Integy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Integy-T71...677646?hash=item25a659910e:g:aasAAOSwrklVVBYy

The 8.0 was a big helicopter engine redesigned, the case is to wide, looks like Cbaker got you set up though.
When AE was clearing their old parts I bought 2 of them for around 3$ each lol

Last edited: