MGT 8.0 Nitro moves when idling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Januszegg

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a problem with my MGT 8.0 Nitro
-when I stop the model to 0, when engine works, the car stops, I guess it's idling, but somehow it goes a little forward and second by second it's going a little faster, so I have to hold brake for it not to move. What's the case?

Either your idle screw needs adjusted or the spring around the clutch shoes is wearing out and allowing the shoes to engage the bell at lower RPM's.
-when I stop the model to 0, when engine works, the car stops, I guess it's idling, but somehow it goes a little forward and second by second it's going a little faster, so I have to hold brake for it not to move. What's the case?

Sounds like the idle is a little high, or the clutch spring is a little too weak, either from age or wear, and allowing the shoes to engage at idle.

It's also possible the clutch bearings are going bad and transferring force from the crankshaft to the clutch bell.

Maybe your clutch is way too new needs to get worn out a bit or if you drill small tiny holes two or three really tiny you lighten up the clutch shoes so they don't open that quick