MGT 4.60 Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaj2866

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello everyone!
I have a new MGT 4.60 and got it broke in and doing well. Today, I ran the truck and it was fine at first. Then, after it was running for a while, the front wheels started pulling harder than the back wheels.If I gun it at the start, the front wheels are spinning harder than the back wheels. Kinda like a burn out with the front tires. If I take off easy and accelerate slowly, it does just fine. I have changed the spur gear and made sure the brakes are not dragging it down. It does fine in reverse. Any ideas of what my problem could be?

Thanks!

sounds like there is an issue with the rear differential. The transmission puts equal power to both the front and rear shafts. There is no center diff in that truck.

Thanks NickBoulin! That was the problem! Changed it out and its doing better than when I got it! it's a shame having to replace parts on a "new" truck with less than a gal of fuel run thru it! Have a great 4th!

I have a mgt. 4.60 with aluminum gears . Ta start off honestly guys I had it tuned n also have after market shock my question is what else can be done so it can be fast yet strong for bashing ? Also servo it has aren't high torque but tires don't move when the is on the floor I haven't tried it out cause I don't want to mess anything up I realy like the truck ? I need help plz guy !

One of the biggest improvements I did was change to a smaller tire size. It shares the same setup as the t/emaxx so the tire wheel combos are endless. I also removed the reverse and shaved nearly a full pound off my truck by doing so!! Now its very hard to keep the front tires on the ground at all

what is the diff weight , lookin to change it

All that was in the stock 1 was grease. They didnt use silicone fluids in the 1st generation makes and I'm not sure if they ever switched with the 2nd generation

Back