Metallica Fans?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostfreak

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey wondering if there are any metallica fans here, and what do you think about the new songs out?

They peaked around the Self titled "black" album.. Altho, load and reload were a little on the decent side. Everything after that has been (in my opinion) not their best stuff.

Saint Anger was a crap cd IMO! But saposibly this cd is getting back to the black album days. Ill probally end up buying it or buring it from one of my friends lol.

i like it, it sounds more along the lines of reload. its gotta be better than st.anger. ac/dc's new song is pretty good too.

I'm a fan of a lot of music but as far as for Metalica, I liked their older stuff from the late 80's more. I'll have to give it a listen I guess.

i try to be pretty open to it, they are old now and so much of todays music sucks really bad so I'm all for these older kick ass bands trying to stay in the game. but I'm a fan of their older stuff as well, and justice for all is one of the best albums of all time imo.

I'm not sure why they released the new song as their first single from this album. That song sounds a lot like the St Anger (which was crap IMO). The local rock station here played some out-takes from the rest of the album (even though they weren't supposed to) and I must say this new album sounds like the old Metallica. Will it be as good as 'And Justice for All'........ maybe, maybe not, but it's WAY better than the last couple of lame attempts they've had.

Post Kill 'em all and pre st. anger is where it's at IMO. I hate that sped up trash poop.

Like the new AC/DC single. I hope the get near Denmark again. I've only seen them once.

They peaked with Master of Puppets. Justice was a good solid album, but only half of the Black album was worth a damn. They've been sinking deeper and deeper into mediocrity, since then. Haven't heard the newest stuff. I'm more interested in the new Megadeth album that's supposed to be coming out.

any one get their new album? i bought it earlier today and its pretty good, better than st.anger in my opinion.

I haven't actually heard their new album, but the songs before ROCKED! This one is bound to be better. I'll probably go out and get it soon.

Anyone listen to Avenged Sevenfold?

Going to see them in Philly, in Jan

I buy so little music these days, it's not even funny. I still need to pick up United Abominations.

United Abominations is good... System has failed is a much better album. About the only good song on UA is "Set me free", which is a remixed version of "A toute le monde".

i would imagine they are for the most part washed up recovering drunks and drug attics that should retire. They are only in it for the money now or they would have retired after st anger.

yeah they are old but so what, this new album is great in my opinion.

i would imagine they are for the most part washed up recovering drunks and drug attics that should retire. They are only in it for the money now or they would have retired after st anger.

I'd say most of them are or were recovering at some point. Of course they are in it for the money, it's what they do for a living. After putting out a couple of crap albums, their long-times fan threw a fit, especially over St Anger. I think they felt obligated to go back to what they know, are good at, and give their fans a decent Metallica album. I still can't believe they released the song they did as the 'opening' single. That is a CRAP song (sounds St Anger-ish) but all the other songs sound like old school Metallica.

I'd have to say, after listening to the album.... Blah. The Unforgiven III was a letdown, sounding nothing like the other two. Not even remotely. The rest of the tracks were a pale attempt at And Justice For Alls' overall tone.

The only positive side to it all, is it's 70 minutes, nearly a full cd.

Back