meaning of bump?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devinbrown07

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
what does bump mean, does it just mean an update...or what is it...I'm a lil lost on that

Its to bring the thread up to the top again so it will get noticed. Its kind of annoying actually but sometimes works if you are using a classifieds forum or something like that.

Like they "Bump" it to the top of the list.

You need to read the site rules for the for sale section. A bump just moves the thread from the bottom of the list to the top. A lot of times people's threads get bumped because of people asking a lot of questions in another thread, etc... so people "bump" their thread a few times a day to keep it current. It's only allowed every so often though, and you'll get a warning if you bump your own thread too often.

TTT

:green-grin:

Ok robmob that went WAY over my head.

ttt = to the top, which is just the same as saying "bump" or basically entering text so that your thread moves to the top of the section

There's also some clever "bump" threads on various forums, my favourite is on Lawnsite.com, of which I have gotten 2 major mile stones in the Bump thread post count.

B U M P

I think thats enough bumping this thread... ok one more... BUMP

I missed my 1000 post milestone and didn't even realize it until a week later. I know what bump means, but what does "bentover" mean?