mcx2 issues, please let me know if this is supposed to be this way

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken_civic

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just picked up a used mcx2 today for 50 bucks. my issue is, when flying forward and spinning the tail to turn it's very stable in one direction, but very unstable if i turn it the other direction, is this normal? it's almost as if the top blades with the balance bar spin slower and the balance bar no longer keeps it stable? even soft turns i have issues with this. it's not just hard turns.

i own a regular mcx, and i don't recall it being this bad.

umm. what exactly is a gyro? it has adjustable servo's?

i should add, the mcx2 is a coaxil heli, you prob. knew this though.

i just flew my mcx, it does it as well. but no where near as bad. it's got to be a pretty hard turn on the regular mcx.

Sorry, I don't fly the little ones. I don't think the coax rotors need one.
You might be having a problem with one of the blade motors.

As Rolex stated, it may be one of the motors for the rotors. But, due to design, in order to turn left I think it is, it has to slow the rotors to do so, and will be less stable as a result turning in that direction.

As Rolex stated, it may be one of the motors for the rotors. But, due to design, in order to turn left I think it is, it has to slow the rotors to do so, and will be less stable as a result turning in that direction.

i figured this, but it's less stable than the regular mcx. i guess this could be due to the heavier canopy though?

i figured this, but it's less stable than the regular mcx. i guess this could be due to the heavier canopy though?

Possibly, but if that was the case, it would affect it both ways equally. Also, I worded the above wrong. It slows each motor independently depending on which way you're swinging the nose. I'd look at helifreak or rcgroups to see what's up for sure. I've never owned a coaxial, so I'm really not positive what it is.

Possibly, but if that was the case, it would affect it both ways equally. Also, I worded the above wrong. It slows each motor independently depending on which way you're swinging the nose. I'd look at helifreak or rcgroups to see what's up for sure. I've never owned a coaxial, so I'm really not positive what it is.

well, you have to keep in mind the flybar is only on the top blades, if it slows the top blades down when it flys one way that would make it come unstable i guess.

Back