MC vs M4 Compound

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkCows

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey everyone,

I am looking to get either M4 or MC compound tires, and planning to race them on an indoor clay track and an outdoor dirt track. Which of the two compounds have better versatility to race on both tracks and will last longer?

A bit of additional information, the clay track is sometimes damp, and I also want to be able to run the tires occasionally on asphalt without the tires being worn out.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I am looking to get either M4 or MC compound tires, and planning to race them on an indoor clay track and an outdoor dirt track. Which of the two compounds have better versatility to race on both tracks and will last longer?

A bit of additional information, the clay track is sometimes damp, and I also want to be able to run the tires occasionally on asphalt without the tires being worn out.
No tire is going to be ideal for all those conditions. Asphalt is going to chew up dirt or carpet tires, because they each have a very fine tread pattern. Carpet tires use pins, clay tires are best with a type of grid pattern in them, and asphault tires have more tread in contact with the surface you are driving on, which completely contradicts clay/carpet tires' tread patterns.

No tire is going to be ideal for all those conditions. Asphalt is going to chew up dirt or carpet tires, because they each have a very fine tread pattern. Carpet tires use pins, clay tires are best with a type of grid pattern in them, and asphault tires have more tread in contact with the surface you are driving on, which completely contradicts clay/carpet tires' tread patterns.
Thanks for the help!

Are dirt and clay tires interchangeable, and should I use M4 or MC compound if I plan to race on both dirt and clay?

Thanks for the help!

Are dirt and clay tires interchangeable, and should I use M4 or MC compound if I plan to race on both dirt and clay?
I am not sure on the compounds, as I have never raced. But dirt tires are completely different than clay tires as well 😉

Back