Mbx5t tank on revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I had a chance to test my new mbx5 tank on my revo today. Seems to work good, but every time I hit the brakes then take off again, it cuts out due to an air buuble in the line. I've got 18 inches of line, but should I try adding a large filter to allow the bubble a chance to push through? I run an RD Logics bb pipe with a sirio s27. :\

18" of line is too much. Fuel line should not be that long. You need to work on the tank mounting points. The reason some Revos have those kinds of issues is due to it's extreme suspension articulation. Sometimes the fuel can't help being sloshed away from the pickup....think about how much that truck can lean for and aft, side to side....I'd raise the tank up some, maybe angle it back a bit. I mounted my MBX5T tank as close to the center of my chassis as possible. I never had a single issue with mine. Mine was set up for racing with sway bars, center diff and rear brakes though. So my Revo did not have much nose dive when I was using the brakes... Just a theory anyways.....
Sirio engines are not really known for reliabilty, you may need to tear it down and inspect it good. It could be something else entirely....
Pressure line needs to be 6-8" roughly on big blocks. I do not know why but the 2.5r & 3.3 liked to have a short pressure line like the factory sends the trucks with.

18" of line is too much. Fuel line should not be that long. You need to work on the tank mounting points. The reason some Revos have those kinds of issues is due to it's extreme suspension articulation. Sometimes the fuel can't help being sloshed away from the pickup....think about how much that truck can lean for and aft, side to side....I'd raise the tank up some, maybe angle it back a bit. I mounted my MBX5T tank as close to the center of my chassis as possible. I never had a single issue with mine. Mine was set up for racing with sway bars, center diff and rear brakes though. So my Revo did not have much nose dive when I was using the brakes... Just a theory anyways.....
Sirio engines are not really known for reliabilty, you may need to tear it down and inspect it good. It could be something else entirely....
Pressure line needs to be 6-8" roughly on big blocks. I do not know why but the 2.5r & 3.3 liked to have a short pressure line like the factory sends the trucks with.

The engine has only been heat cycled a bunch of times, plus 3 tanks, I'm pretty sure it's ok. I did notice it likes to dive, but I've got all that stuff except the diff. I'll try a short fuel line and the tank location idea. At least maybe I can get the air bubble to go through before I gun the throttle again.

I think I'm gonna get a red dot sometime soon anyway, this sirio seems to gulp alot of fuel.

Yeah I was having a left lean with the stocker (125cc), haven't tried my 150 yet. I think I'm going to. The 125 was better so far but I paid 18 bucks for the mbx tank, I wanna use it if possible.