MAXX/REVO tranny question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are the MAXX 3.3 and the Revo 3.3 transmissions the same? If they are then I am assuming the same technique used on the Revo 3.3 to lock it into second gear for electric conversion would also work on a MAXX 3.3.

If they are different transmissions then is there a conversion or a way to lock the tranny into second for the purposes of an electric conversion on the MAXX?

I had a 2.5 revo with the 3.3 spec tranny. I bought a brand new grey 3.3 tmaxx tranny offline and swapped all the parts inside to my 2.5 revo tranny making it forward only. The gears and shafts and bearings inside both matched up perfectly. So i guess I'm saying that yes they are the same inside.

Locking the 3.3 maxx tranny in 2nd gear would be the same process as the revo tranny.
The custom locking plate is the better method, but the screw method will also work.

Thanks guys...I had a friend of mine asking me and I was like what are you asking me for I dont own either kit lol...

Back