Mammoth steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My buddy has mentioned to me how sorry the steering is on the mammoth. The turning radius isnt that great. What are some ways to improve this?

I havent ever drove his truck so I'm not sure how it handles.

Maybe a new servo? which one? Can anything me adjusted on the servo saver(if it has one)? How about the steering linkages?

Is he running a Rechargeable RX pack? What servo is he using? How is his suspension set up? When the ride is off can you get full steering servo swing?

Hes running the stock steering 4AA..Yeah a 6 cell hump will help it...(i didnt even think about that one..doh!!) Everything else on his struck is completely stock.

I will ask him about the full steering servo swing...I know he hasnt messed with anything. Hes running it the way it came out of the box.

I have the same problem. I lost a race because of it. I'm still deciding on what servo to replace it with.

The type of servo I think would work great in any BIG MT's is a linear type. The linear servo converts the 42 in-oz torque from a servo into more than 1-lbf (foot-pound-force).

Steve

Attachments

• linservo.gif
    linservo.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 123
Mudduck said:
The type of servo I think would work great in any BIG MT's is a linear type. The linear servo converts the 42 in-oz torque from a servo into more than 1-lbf (foot-pound-force).

Steve
Very interesting. Does this servo exist? I would try it out for my MT.

Yup it does I should have some avaliable in about 3-4 weeks

Steve

Mudduck said:
Yup it does I should have some avaliable in about 3-4 weeks

Steve

Nice, whats the cost of one???

I just broke in my Mammoth a couple days ago and I tell ya what I've had NO problems with steering it would make an 4foot circle which is as good or better than my maxx was. I'm going to be putting a Jr z8800t just for the speed aspect, the xtm175 is a little slow. If you want to up grade to some awsome shock towers. check these out on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5969391630

Back