Mamba Monster ESC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bammbamm14

RC Newbie
Reaction score
just got hold of an EMaxx with a Mamba Monster ESC...orange writing..."monster truck and 1/8 scale written on side.....can anyone point me in the direction to find some info on this ESC? can I run LiPo's? any info would help!! Thanks

thanks!! I'll give him a shout

Got a photo? Is it like this?
2019-0401-MXL6S-ESC-spare.jpg

yep... the black one, but the motor is black not green. so I will have no trouble with 2S LiPo's? I just do some general bashing and chasing geese

also....will this have the "LiPo protection" activated? and how can I check for this?

Whoops I took awhile to log on today but I brought him up to speed on it through private message lol.

Oh I probably shoulda said in my pm.. the black motor's connectors. Are they blue, yellow, and white? (order doesn't matter) If so then thats castle made motor, extremely high quality. If it's blue black and white (order doesn't matter) then it's a Traxxas made motor. I mean it's still more than enough, but they use shorter rotors with lower quality magnets and compensate with cheap washers.

That's the mamba max manual, it's a much different esc. Not saying it wouldn't work though :)

Essentially you have the mamba monster series, which is for ultra heavy 8th scale monster trucks, and 6s lipo. It came on the emaxx brushless from 20xx to 2013. Then in late 2013 they started using the mxl.

And you have the mamba max series, which is for ultra heavy 10th scale vehicles and even light 8th scale buggies. It's famous for being able to use 6s lipo just like the mamba monster. Pretty cool right?

I suggested to him that he just buys castle link and does it there because it's easier and besides, you get all the other cool programming options too.

That's the mamba max manual, it's a much different esc. Not saying it wouldn't work though :)

Essentially you have the mamba monster series, which is for ultra heavy 8th scale monster trucks, and 6s lipo. It came on the emaxx brushless from 20xx to 2013. Then in late 2013 they started using the mxl.

And you have the mamba max series, which is for ultra heavy 10th scale vehicles and even light 8th scale buggies. It's famous for being able to use 6s lipo just like the mamba monster. Pretty cool right?

I suggested to him that he just buys castle link and does it there because it's easier and besides, you get all the other cool programming options too.
Yeah, I know. It's where they listed the older MMv1 though. I meant to tell him to get a castle link or field card, but forgot to type it as I was skimming through the manual and finding the video.

Yeah, I know. It's where they listed the older MMv1 though. I meant to tell him to get a castle link or field card, but forgot to type it as I was skimming through the manual and finding the video.
Oh. Sorry lol.

motor has black white n red wires....black wire has printing on it saying "Castle creations"

ordered the castle link.... you guys are awesome!!! thanks for all the help

motor has black white n red wires....black wire has printing on it saying "Castle creations"
Oh you got the awkward motor that’s after the green castle motors, but before the black yellow-blue-white motors. You have the black can with standard castle wire. She’s castle made :)

They’re actually pretty rare.

Last edited:
that's cool... that should be ok for what I plan on doing, just screwing around

Back