making your own stickers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedticket75

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
testors makes a decal maker (sure thing decal maker).......it has some basic ones allready in the program & you can add your own designs easy......you can shrink or enlarge them to fit your car body, truck or buggy.......you use a clear self stickon plastic sheet to put in your printer & print your decal........you can print in iron on transfer mode if you wana put the decal on the inside of the body like i do so ya aint gota wory bout scratching the decals if you roll the car........if anyone is interested in the program you can find the cd at wallmart in the model car/paint section sometimes.......

Last edited:
do you need special ink or a laser printer?
also where can you get the sheets from online? (preferably UK site)

no special ink or certain printer is needed but ya do need some kinda printer with colour ink other than just black ink........i dont know where online to get the sheets but can buy at a printshop or wallmart in the computer/printer paper section.........when i make a decal for a new body lightly spray the decal with clearkote just to make sure the ink dont bleed, then trim it and i put it on the inside then & paint the body.......

Thats kinda why I didnt buy a printed plotter at the beginning. They color life of printed decals was really short. Now they have improved though. Now its basically film with the copy and print on it, then another thin layer of clear vinyl over. I should be buying one of the big digital plotters here in the next few months. I've been saving my ass off for one. (Its about 16k)

Last edited:
I've been thinking about giving this a shot too, BUT... my question is, how does it hold up to fuel?

similar to what i use & i have used this film also before.......works real good at holding up to fuel/oil........i allways print the decal in reverse so i can stick it to the inside of my bodies, spray it with a coat or 2 of clearkote, cut out the decal then paint the body as you like.......never had a decal ink/colour fading problem doing it that way.........

not a bad idea. no more worries of a decal being scratched or peeled off.

sure is! Thats one way of doing it. i thought the only way to do it was lazer jet. Thank you technology!