Making sportmaxx front wheel drive only?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-alec

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:idea: Would I be able to make my sportmaxx frontwheel drive only? If I can do you think it will increase or decrease performance. :shrug:

I think it will decrease it as weight to hp ratio is not balanced. Not to mention the rollover issues. Full size front wheel drive cars are more controllable due to the weight. The Tmaxx being made to Front wheel drive would cause turning, handling an overall loss in performance IMO. I would go against the build. Itwould be more likely just a basher typr prototype. I am curious on how it would really handle.

Jon

i agree with jon2 but although it would be cool to see.

Okay, thanks for the replies. I am curious too, so ill try it out and post the results.
-Alec

I will try to convert it tonight, but i can't run it till tommorow because it's dark.
-Alec

Ill try to get some pics in a little bit.

My video camera is busted so I can't get a video but ill try to get some action shots,and see how it handles jumps.
-Alec

Don't waste your time... it's not that cool. I busted a rear center cvd on my maxx and my savage. All it does is spins. Not worth the effort at all.

If you are just going to remove the rear drive line I would richen her up as you will have one less diff to turn and that will over work your engine. AGAIN I am against this so your ride, your decision your fault if it screws the maxx up.

GOOD LUCK

Jon

I am not going to do it i don't feel like breaking my truck a stupid way like that. I would rather go outside tommorow and jump my truck and drive it like i stole it.

Yeah, I don't want to have to use my holiday money on my car for that reason lol. and hope you all have HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone.

Back