Magnetic soliniods and wiring

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpcanuk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi everyone forgive my terminology but I'm new to the rc world and still leaning etc
I'm in the process of building myself a bespoke carp fishing bait boat.

id really like to use magnetic drop magnets but I'm a little unsure of the wiring to use these as they open by reverse polarity ?
i have spare momentary toggles on my transmitter so could switch from these hopefully ?

Any advice would be great guys
Thank you in advance

trying to grasp this..your plan you want to use or make a rc boat to catch a Carp?.. have you ever caught a carp b4 over 30#? I have and it will sink any rc boat that I know of... as for using a solenoid you can but you gonna have to make a relay board to operate solenoid. Seen this done with a blinker pot or flasher pot from a auto...gotta know what voltage they operate on and current needed max/min. the 4.5 - 8.4 volts we deal with might not operate those..I used to go to the annual carp shoot at point mouillee(1970-1980,s).. with a 25# Bow with fiberglass arrows and 500# test. seen a fish swim with 3 arrows stuck outa them ..and break the 500# test like it was sewing thread..I look forward to seeing this in action.

trying to grasp this..your plan you want to use or make a rc boat to catch a Carp?.. have you ever caught a carp b4 over 30#? I have and it will sink any rc boat that I know of... as for using a solenoid you can but you gonna have to make a relay board to operate solenoid. Seen this done with a blinker pot or flasher pot from a auto...gotta know what voltage they operate on and current needed max/min. the 4.5 - 8.4 volts we deal with might not operate those..I used to go to the annual carp shoot at point mouillee(1970-1980,s).. with a 25# Bow with fiberglass arrows and 500# test. seen a fish swim with 3 arrows stuck outa them ..and break the 500# test like it was sewing thread..I look forward to seeing this in action.
no the boats used to transport your bait to the area your fishing not catch the fish !? its a more accurate way to bait your spot sounds like you have little to no knowledge of carp fishing and bait boats thanks for your interest. ps yes my pb currently is 39lb4oz

Back