Made a ramp today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiefGeek

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Took the day off work. Kids at sitters, wife at work, opened up a RC magazine and it had an article on making a ramp...ok why the hell not. Gathered scrap wood from garage and worked with what I had determined not to spend a penny. Half a piece of 1/2" plywood, some random pieces of wood and a handful of decking screws were enough. Its a 26" rise over 40" run, but only 26" wide. Its usable but not alot of room for error. I worked on it for a couple hours and when it was done I got two passes on it before it started raining. So now I sit in my garage waiting for the raised to stop.

ae6edb75-0f2b-5e39.jpg

ae6edb75-0f37-9945.jpg

ae6edb75-0f50-fde8.jpg

YouTube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPbGxOF_jk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cool. You Should make two so u have a smooth landing.Fun Fun

I made one too! http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1980181302728&subj=1189033643 It was an old wheel chair ramp that a friend gave me after he got a new one built. We cut it in half and and screwed the two halves together. It's about 8 feet wide so it's pretty impossible to miss 4 feet long and 22 inches from the ground to the takeoff lip. Pretty sturdy too my neighbor who helped me build it and I stood on it and jumped up and down on it and it held both of our 200 pound asses!

Last edited:
Bangor,
It is pretty steep, but front yard has a small slope that I plan to use to level out some when I want. I gotta practice hitting it before I go at it too fast.

Cwal, wont let people view it. Privacy settings. Put on YouTube.

See if this works [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zBebuLfPe4"]‪Sunday night bash session Savage XL with Ofna Force .32‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zBebuLfPe4"]‪Sunday night bash session Savage XL with Ofna Force .32‬‏ - YouTube[/ame] maybe this

Damn good video man. Makes mine look like a pile o crap! Looks like pallets propped with 4x4s, is that what you used?

Actually it was an old wheel chair ramp that a freind of mine gave me after he got a new one built for his house. It started out at 8 feet long but we wanted more loft so we cut it in half. We just used the front half at first but we found out it was hard to hit the ramp being 4 feet wide. So we took the other half and layed them flat and screwed the two halfs together and added another 4 by 4 to the other side. Then took a sheet of ply wood and cut it half long ways and screwed it to the face of the ramp and let it hang off the the end about a foot and half for a transition piece.

Mines a Tad over 2' wide, imagine trying to hit that. Ill have to watch Craigslist for materials.damn good show though.

Thanks man! I trashed my body in the process but Oh well it was a blast!

I have two bodies. A basher and reg run. About to order a f150 raptor body so my current reg will likely become a light basher.
ae6edb75-6d0a-2b3a.jpg

ae6edb75-6d99-0da6.jpg

Sweet lids! I dont put too much thought into the bodies. I can't see spending all the time work and money into making a nice lid just to go out and trash it. That's why i usually just get a stock replacement. My truck doesn't spend much time on the shelf. I'm either bashing the crap out of it or have it torn apart cleaning or working on it. So I dont have much use for slick looking lids. But I do enjoy seeing what the other guys come with on thier rigs.

Just like my guns, I wont own something I can't use. I use the nicer one when flying up and down the street and through the yards. But if I'm going airborne then I'm sticking the beater on it.

CG,that ramp looks narrow. May be hard to hit off road at speed. Also the transfer is a a bit abrupt. It needs a smoother transition,"kicker" as most would say.

Here's a couple I made. THIS one was made more for distance jumping. THIS one is for doing some easy back flips.

Yea it is very narrow. I have only inches on each side and that's if I hit the ramp dead on. I worked with what I had on hand and I went into this project refusing to spend a dime on it because it was my day off and I didn't wanna blow a bunch of cash on something that was likely that was going to be a learn as I go. I'll take a look at how yours went together and start on v2.0 on paper.

Not to put down your ramp, but with that incline and no transition I would not want to hit that at any speed, I see serious front end damage occurring with that angle so severe.

I see what you mean. Time to re-evaluate. go-go-gadget drawling board.