Mad Force

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBadWolf

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well... I've owned .21 T-Maxxs, have a Storm (buggy), TXT, Clods, E-Maxxs, Stampedes, etc. You name it, I've have it or have had it or something close to it.

A friend talked me into getting a Mad Force. Although I love tinkering, I will openly admit I hate building kits. Brian helped me get the gist of it done and I completed the truck. Overall build time was a little over 5 hours (doing some things anally I'll add!) or so.

I put the soft yellow springs on the shocks and used 10weight oil which makes it supper cushy! In the diff went some special order 50k weight which makes it nice and stiff. :) Tire foams are necessary if you want to go fast! Aluminum shock mounts, HiTec 5945 servo,

Onto the performance. This truck hauls a$$! The stock engine does an admirable job pushing this truck at breakneck speeds. I have a huge back yard and ran out of room too quick to even hit third. The truck is a lot more stable than I thought it would be. The realism of it makes up for any lack of handling.

My Nitro Pede was #1 until I got this truck. Fun factor on this truck is a perfect 10 in my book. Sure, it has no chance on a track next to a T-Maxx or a Savage but I didn't buy this truck to race, I bought it to have fun. Even something as simple as a 2x4 on it's side angled up can launch this truck into something that looks right out of ESPN!

To sum it up... If you wanna have fun bashing around a back yard like a real monster truck, get a TXT. If you wanna have fun bashing around a back yard like a real monster truck with a jet engine in it, get a Mad Force.

Last edited:
I have honestly been waiting to hear someone's opinion of this truck. Glad to hear it's cool. It really does look like a fun truck.

Man ur right, it really gets some speed.
I have the Mad Armour. I'm still tweeking the gear change to get it how i want it.
The tyres do appreciate foam.
My one hoots. Its also quick around the track.
Last wek i had a race with three inferno II's. Two with an RG's, one with RZ. I won, but it wasn't with spedd. Two flamed out. The other one went sqewiff off the the track and cut off half the track. He disqualified himself

MAD ARMOUR (FORCE) the WINNER.

I agree the GS 21 has some pretty good speed. Wonder what it'd be lioke with an RG or VZ.

Cheers

I've run a little over a quart through the truck now and I will say, I am getting used to handling it at high speeds. And man, is this thing fast when it hits third gear! SCARY FAST for a truck this big.

UPGRADE REPORT:
Get the HPI fiber disc for the brakes! OMG what a difference! The metal to metal brakes suck. They are either on full or off with nothing in between. This new disc has made the breaks creamy smooth!

Building it we put 10wt in the shocks along with the soft yellow springs. I think I am going to bump up to 25wt and see how it handles.

Wheelie bar. Get the small aircraft wheels and replace those crappy plastic things it comes with. Ride parking lot wheelies and hear it shift with the wheels in the air... It is SO cool!

Servo.. don't skimp! I got the hitec 5945 digital and that has enough beef to twist the wheels.

DAMAGE REPORT:

Broke a steering knuckle where the link connects to it on a bad landing. My friend Brian has 7 gallons through his and he does nothing but jump with his and never broke one. I am chalking this up to a bad part or possible the screw backing out and putting enormous leverage on the aluminum.

Several lost screws. LOCKTITE LOCKTITE LOCKTITE and lots of it. Serious, don't spare it on the metal to metal connections.

Bent wheelie bar. I got some aircraft wheels to replace the cheezy ones the truck comes with and used a rod to go all the way across. One bad landing tweaked that rod nicely. Time for thicker rod. :)

That's it for damage.

FUN REPORT:

This truck is, to put it bluntly, S-I-C-K! As I said, SCAREY FAST even with the stock engine. DO NOT attempt to run this truck in small areas as someone may lose a limb! :D Yank the trigger too hard and the truck is a blur.

Stability is better than expected. I've rolled it about 10 times now. 7 of those the first few leaned out tanks. As time goes by, I am learning what the truck can and cannot handle.

Jumping it takes about 15 minutes to master to some degree. The cool thing is, any little bump can become 1/2 hour of fun once you learn how to do it.

Thinking about a Mad Force? Go for it... you won't be sorry. My TXT, N-Pede, E-Maxx and Storm have sat shelved since I got this bad boy! :D

Last edited:
finally a group of people who love the mad force. it is my fovorite truck. if you think it is fast with the gs 21 you should see mine go with a 24.7!!!!!! that is the perfect engine for the mad force.

Kyosho Mad Force RCX Version

Any of you guys know if the RCX version fixes the problems of the regular Mad Force? (I.e., dogbones popping out, etc) Or...if there are any upgrades that I need to immediately upon buying one?

I'm getting bored of my stock T-Maxx and I'm thinking of picking one of these bad boys up.

metallicamaxx: Does that engine really make a big difference? Down the road I do want to do a stronger motor but I was thinking of going with something like a Hyper 8 port. How is it to tune? Reliable?

Callaway: The RCX version does fix some problems and adds some nice upgrades. Wheelie bar wheels are still cheezy but I THINK it comes with the longer dogbone cups to solve the shaft popping problem. I just added the turnbuckles to my suspension arms which is supposed to alleviate that problem although I didn't have it.

If you buy an RCX, the only thing you'll need to do are those wheelie wheels. If you don't buy the RCX, do the wheels, the turnbuckles or buy the longer dogbone cups from Tower, and the aluminum shock mounts. Check out madforce.net for detailed info on upgrades/fixes.

Wolf: Thanks for the info! I'm gonna go ahead and pick up an RCX Mad Force.

:LoL: :LoL:

Hi guys,

I'd also like to say that i might consider lowering my Mad Force to get a lower centre of gravit on one of my local tracks. I would like to get off the tractor tyres also. I would like to be able to run it on spikes.

Has anyone got any experience in running the mad force(armour) on spikes. Not dramatic spikes.

Can anyone suggest what type of wheel may provide a wider platform for the MT (to give more stability)

Thanks for the tip about the HPI brake pad.

Has anyone had problems turning too fast and rolling it, or just going sqewiff and rolling the MT. My head has been a little battered. It's so exposed. The roll cage is good, but a little bit too dramatic for me . I got some silicone tubing, put a Zip tie through it, i formed a circle so that it sat nicely on the top of my GS 21 head. then i used 4 zip tyes to fasten it to the top of the head. Cheap and easy way to prevent those nasty scrtatches and bends to the engine head. Oh yes and when you put the zip ties on, have the chunky birt facing up, and gives even more clearance.

UR right about the locktite. I've had a few screw loose (at least thats what people tell me). I've even had a servo screw come out of my Fut9451 steering servo.

Cheers

the 24.7 is a really strong runner. if you can aford the 8 port, go with that. it gets out way more rpm while it has almost the same hp. i would prefer the 8 port to the 24.7, but i had a 24.7 laying,"laying around hehe" around and I'm broke :shhh:

Kyosho1.. if you want more width, get a set of Monster Pirate wheels. They bolt right on and add 2" to the width. I'd like to see a pic of your head protector. :D

Usually people just put zip ties in but your setup sounds interesting.

metallica... thanks for letting me know that. Down the road I will do an 8 port but what I would really LOVE to do with my Mad Force is go with an extended chassis and an RB WS7. =devil