M18 VS. Micro RS4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobuzzard

Useless NOOB!!
Reaction score
Neither here...nor there...but everywhere
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
aight guys, need some input here..........I'm a nitro guy and have been tossing around the idea of getting me and my son a few small electric cars to run around the warehouse at the plant I work at. Not sure which to get. We wouldn't be going to club races or anything like that but I do want to invest my money wisely without getting to crazy. I've heard alot of good things about the M18 as well as the micro. ANY opinions on these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the input.........

Nitrobuzzard

I don't know how durable the M18 is over the Micro but I know the M18 has a lot better setup then the Micro.

I suggest getting a pair of xmods i have 4 of them and i love then basicaly they are a cheap hobbie found at radioshak they go for fifty dollars and you can change everything like moters tires rims berings bodys stering body kits (ground efects) also you can change the suspention and you can get 4x4 kits for them they probably do around 20mph.

Edited for smiley abuse
-SkyMaxx

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I have been hearing is without modification to the chassis people are frying motors because the gearing and motor placement in the kit. While the shaft driven design is nice better would be left to opinion. Read here about the motor problems with the m-18 www.one18th.com

I havent fried one yet and i have had them since christmas:flaming: :lurk: :llama:

I have a Micro RS4 and have had a lot of wheel time with the M18. Hands down the M18 is the way to go, however I don't recomend the x-ray power pack because the speed control can only handle the motor that it comes with. A better setup is a hightech servo, LRP esc, 6 cell flat pack made from 800mah AAA GP cells, and the Peak coarless motor.

Here is my Micro in the event anyone wants to trade for an M18... Yea that might happen

http://hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=7ed31b67-3cd8-53ce-69ed-244b647042ff&size=

I guess when you talk stock to stock the M-18 is a little better but I run the EXO2 chassis based on the Micro RS4 and it is it as far as I am concerned. Both are a lot of fun and a little more inexpensive in the long run than a 1/10.

I have both. the M18 handles much better than the RS4 out of the box.
The rs4 i have now has the ratzas conversion..i think the m18 still handles better.

M18's shaft is much more durable, freaking belts piss me off, but it does handle much more according y, other than just a servo and a stick that controls two wheels like the micro. I havent heard of any real major "motor" problems, but a 540 on a m18 is more capable of controlling than a micro to me.

I've been racin micros all winter,I started out with an rs4 then bought an xray.in my opinion the xray is a far superior car compared to the rs4.I haven't fried a motor yet either,if you get the 42 tooth spur and use a 17 tooth pinion you'll have a good combo of speed and accelleration without causing much heat in the motor.at the races I attend 5 of the top 6 cars are xrays,the only reason an hpi is even getting in the top 6 is because the guy driving it has been racing rc for 15 years.I would say go with the xray,BUT if you're looking for some cheap cars to just play around with the rs4 might be better since the price on used ones seems to have dropped alot now that alot of guys are going to the xray.