Lynx 3D Function Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Newly installed Lynx 3D in my Maxx has created some questions for me. I read the manual a couple of times and have a vague understanding of the functions that have raised my questions, but the bottom line is do they really get used and how often?

1. ABS looks like a nifty function of the radio; I have it turned on, but was wondering if it has caused any issues for people who use it. I mainly offroad; should I use it?

2. D/R is a perplexing function. I think I get the concept behind it, but think I have set it up wrong. Should I even bother playing with it? Does it help at all for those who race their T-Maxxes?

3. EXP also another interesting function that has me wondering why? Do I need to even bother with this one?

Thanks in advance for any ideas, suggestions, or help.

Well put - all 3 are not necessary for good performance out of that radio system. However, let me try to shed some light (since the ONLY thing I didnt like was the manual)

1. The ABS function is GREAT if you run a very tight brake. It helps prevent the 'constant' strain on your drivetrain and can even create a 'smoother' stop. Setting the point where it kicks in is the difficult part. You actually have to move the trigger to where you want it to kick in and then SET it.

2. Dual Rate is GREAT for running on a track. Essentially, when you hit a hairpin turn you might want the wheels to FLY to their endpoint. But, when closing in on a wide open turn full throttle, you would want the wheels to move slowly to their posistion. You can incorporate the exponential values into this equation as well. So if you turn the wheel over 75% of its maximum value, either left or right, then the accelerated rate will kick in. This is great if you really have a grip on the track you are running on.

Exponential pretty much is explained as a part of #2.

1 is definately good to use

2 and 3 are good for the track but more than likely not applicable to bashing.

Once you get this radio down you will love it. The navigation was the only initial frustration I had with it.

The navigation took me a half an hour in and of itself to figure out. The manual is good for someone who already knows how to use the radio. i categorize it as more of a reference book than a user's manual.

Christian, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep the ABS and turn the others off.