LST2 will start but not run

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olsmbl

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everyone. Need a little help.I have a LST2 that I start on on a piece of wood so the wheels are not touching the ground. It starts fine I can even throttle it so the wheels turn to warm it up. But if touch the tires while spinning when it is at idle it stalls immediately, same goes if I put on the ground at idle it stalls. I am new to site and have been out RC's for while.Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

tell us more abour you LST2
is it new or used?
has it been sitting awhile?
did you leave fuel in the tank?
what are you needles set at?
need to know a little history so we can try and figure your problem out

It is used
It did sit around for 4-5 months
Fuel was left in the tank
My mechanic is big into the LST2 and he said it was running fine, but we have not been able to get together to take a look at it.
I do not know what the needles are set at, I will look when I get home.

Thank you

lst2

My mechanic is big into the LST2 and he said it was running fine,

he said it was running fine before it was put away for 4-5 months with the fuel in the tank?

Sorry I took me so long to reply, I do not have a computer at home only work.

he said it was running fine before it was put away for 4-5 months with the fuel in the tank? Yes. He gave it to me fuel in the tank after running it.

I see one needle by the air cleaner that set at about 10 and 4 o'clock. Please excuse my ignorance on his, this is the first time for a nitro car.

i would get the manaul and read it to learn how the needles work
i would also ask you mechanic since he is big into the LST2 and have him get it running and have him show you what he is doing and explain it to you
i would say its gummed up from sitting with fuel in it and change the glow plug

Ok thanks for your suggestions. I will clean the carb and see what happens.

Sounds more like a clutch problem to me.